Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What about a march to the ground on Saturday 2nd January before Notts F game 3PM KO ?

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
What about a march ?

It doesn't need to be a long march, so even the less able can participate.

We could even meet up in Charlton Park, nice & convenient for everyone attending a match.

Loads of room for the thousands to mass and then just march down the hill together. Everyone can join in and we can still support the team.

The march could start Saturday 2nd January 2pm, for the Notts F game, which is 3pm KO ?

We could leave it to the Blackburn game Saturday 23rd January, but it might be too late by then.

We're a bit short of time, but with social media it's possible.

You don't even have to buy a match ticket. You can stand outside The West Stand for the game if you choose.

Inform the media.

Say we are the 2%, say we're the 2%.

Comments

• Options
    Suppose it'll walk off the box mince pies ive already eaten.
  • Options
    Can I suggest that rather than Chalton Park the march starts at East Moor St where the club was formed. That's by the Thames Barrier.

You would also need police permission to march as well as Stewards. We have very few working days left to organise it.

The other factor to consider is that 2 Jan in the memorial game so any protests have to take that into account
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Could hundreds meet safetly in Eastmoor Street ? The roads are quite narrow around there ?

Personally, I don't care, where it starts. But think quite close to the ground can make it inclusive.

(Don't tell the police :-)
  • Options
    I think that is a good idea. Charlton Park seems a better idea.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

What because you park up there so means it wouldnt be any longer a walk to the ground? ;)
  • Options
    I'm in. Well up for this
  • Options
    Haven't been since Rotherham, but I will come down for this.
  • Options
    March is not gonna do anything. The fans need to turn to anger first. Then the marches and protests will work. At the minute no one cares that's why they are all staying away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dickplumb said:

What because you park up there so means it wouldnt be any longer a walk to the ground? ;)
    I don't park there i park at Maryon Wilson Park.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Nicholas said:

March is not gonna do anything. The fans need to turn to anger first. Then the marches and protests will work. At the minute no one cares that's why they are all staying away.

What does " turning to Anger" involve?
  • Options

Nicholas said:

A little Cocaine, a lot of Stella and a shit load of mindless violence
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    In my humble opinipn a rally/meeting later in Jan followed immediately by a march and late entry would be most effective
  • Options
    Not sure a March would have any impact. How would it be any more radical or different from the first protest outside the West Stand.

Still stand by the opinion that a mass walk-out, that would go viral on social media, is the only realistic thing we can do that will hurt their reputation and really get a few headlines.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Ironically this would actually probably achieve more than anyone else has so far!
  • Options

The other factor to consider is that 2 Jan in the memorial game so any protests have to take that into account

Whatever we feel, I personally, do not wish to be a part of any protest that downgrades the Memorial Day when we remember our lost friends, relatives and fellow supporters in our traditionally respectfull Charlton Athletic way.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Meanwhile back on planet real world!
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Whatever we feel, I personally, do not wish to be a part of any protest that downgrades the Memorial Day when we remember our lost friends, relatives and fellow supporters in our traditionally respectfull Charlton Athletic way.
    Surely now we have seen what KM actually thinks about supporters, this is the ideal time? All those fans who passed away in the last 12 months supported Charlton wanted the best for our club.
    So any protest would be in the name of those who supported the club past and present!

No one is saying that we should do anything to prevent the tribute or even disrupt it, so why not?

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Sit down protest after the game. No one leave for at least 30 minutes after the final whistle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Not sure a March would have any impact. How would it be any more radical or different from the first protest outside the West Stand.

Still stand by the opinion that a mass walk-out, that would go viral on social media, is the only realistic thing we can do that will hurt their reputation and really get a few headlines.

It's just a pipe dream! There is not enough 'togetherness' amongst fans to stage the sort of protest that would have an impactful effect. You only have to read the other main CAFC forum to get a feel for the disconnect (and rivalry/jealousy I would suggest) that exists between fans. Look at the second 'protest' outside the West Stand; I have seen more interest at a 'philatelist's' convention!

Simply not enough 'hard core' activism to make this work at all.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Making it more hostile. Make it look more aggressive rather then 20 people singing we want out Charlton back. Like When she got abuse from the fans for coming to the window and taking pics. It clearly rattled her as well. More stuff sang in the ground.

A bit like when Everyobe wanted pardew out and went round to the west stand after the sheff u game.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Sit down protest after the game. No one leave for at least 30 minutes after the final whistle.

F*** that, I want to be in the ground for as little time as possible nowadays.
  • Options
    How about a "Dirty Protest"?

Ah sorry, that's the Spanners...
  • Options

Nicholas said:

This sounds like Christmas morning in my house.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

OOO You've been to Bexleyheath at kicking out time as well :)
  • Options

Nicholas said:

I never thought that sought of thing happened over there, always seems so pleasant.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

I never thought that sought of thing happened over there, always seems so pleasant.
    All is calm...until the night falls....and strange and violent creatures emerge..tis stuff of your worst nightmares.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

All is calm...until the night falls....and strange and violent creatures emerge..tis stuff of your worst nightmares.
    I'll have to be careful after Blackburn, going to Crayford dogs.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Meanwhile back on planet real world!

Back in the real world I guess you could vent your anger online but attend like a good boy and continue lining RDs pockets