Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Present / Worst Present / Random Present

13»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

I first Christmas day in forever I don't have to do the driving. Mrs Plum is about to drive us to my brothers for the nosh (veggie for me and sister in law), and I have the shampoo and wine...and Lindor chocs because they are the best, the balls.

Not all Lindt chocolate is vegetarian so I'd check them for what whey powder they use for these
  • Options
    Got a flask
    nice one leather bound with fish on it
    Might take it Monday for my 1st game of the season
  • Options
    Also got some fishing alarms 10/10
    Ralph shoes 9/10
    dash cam 8/10
    Lynx 3/10
    More Lynx 3/10
    Socks 2/10
    More socks 2/10
    And a colouring book
  • Options
    I got some post shave cream… I've had a beard for 3 years
  • Options
    Worst present - the clock radio that someone got my nephew, which he inadvertantly managed to set to 1:30am and woke up the entire house. It's been unplugged and put back in its box for safekeeping now.
  • Options
    My very talented B-i-L, Joost, took a wonderful photograph at Luss Pier (a place very dear to me for several reasons) just after dawn in June. He and my sister produced a high quality B&W print and framed it for me - I don't have the words to describe how special it is to me.
  • Options
    My brother got me a coaster bearing a picture of Rodney Trotter with the words ‘Dave’s coaster’ written on it. This apparently was only for a laugh though - the main present being a solar garden gnome that’s playing a ‘light up’ banjo.

Believe me he will suffer next year.
  • Options
    Got some lynx from from the mother in law... And some nivea shaving stuff after said mother in law bought my wife/her daughter a nivea for men shaving kit. The most entertaining Christmas I've had in years.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Best/probably most random - a Samurai wakizashi sword made in 1550 by the Japanese sword smith Takada ju Sadayuki 高田住貞行
    (I've waited 25 years to own a piece of art over 450 years old like this)

Worst - 2 identical xmas hats.

Honourable mention - a set of four granite/ stone coasters depicting important historical events of cafcs history, they're really cool.

I did really well......very happy.

I got four coasters like that for my Birthday a few months ago which events from CAFCs History are they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice touch.
  • Options

Best Present - My ex missus got me a big framed set of 5 photos of our daughter and me, starting from when she was a baby up until now. Perfect for my new flat.

Check for hidden cameras mate.
  • Options
    I received 14 pairs of Star Wars socks.
  • Options

I received 14 pairs of Star Wars socks.

One pair for each film. ;)
  • Options

Greenie said:

Best/probably most random - a Samurai wakizashi sword made in 1550 by the Japanese sword smith Takada ju Sadayuki 高田住貞行

Honourable mention - a set of four granite/ stone coasters depicting important historical events of cafcs history, they're really cool.

I got four coasters like that for my Birthday a few months ago which events from CAFCs History are they?
    I've got these as well put away at moment so Xmas crap ones can come out
    Only one I can remember is the fa cup win and ticket stubs etc printed on it
    Really nice set
  • Options

Greenie said:

I've got these as well put away at moment so Xmas crap ones can come out
    Only one I can remember is the fa cup win and ticket stubs etc printed on it
    Really nice set
    I had the coasters as a present a couple of years ago - apparently on sale at the football stall in Greenwich Market.
    they are made of slate with prints of:

Programme cover 1947 FA Cup Final
    Ticket Stub 1947 FA Cup Final
    Programme cover v Middlesbrough 1964
    Programme cover v Watford 1967

Don't drop them on your foot, you'll end up having an x-ray....
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41931184

Leeds fan spends his 65th birthday in the away end at Grimsby vs Sunderland U21s.
  • Options
    @The31YearMan gets new reading material for his incubation on the dj coach every Xmas now

2015 - the London and Blackwall Railway
    2016 - The Railways, nation, network, people
    2017 - TBC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

Got a pretty sweet watch, is made from recycled wood and they plant a tree for everyone sold.. That helps offset my lefty Christmas consumption :smile:

Surely it's far more eco to use the clock on your phone and go out in the woods and plant a tree or two? That would then completely remove any footprint the wooden watch leaves, and any hand you had in making it.
  • Options
    ......walk to the woods, don't drive
  • Options
    My wife has bought me two amazing paintings in the last 12 months. Christ, thats going to make me sound about 80 lol.

I fell in love with them both when I saw them for the first time but they were miles out of my price range. The Leigh Lambert ‘They Think Its All Over’ painting was sold out everywhere but she managed to get hold of one for my birthday last year.

And the Iain Faulkner...

The photo of it really doesnt do it justice. There is so much detail in the painting that it could almost be a photograph.

Wedding present, we got a signed card from the Spurs 1st team, the Spurs legends team and a letter from Sir Pochettino. Thought that was amazing but it turns out that its a fairly regular thing they do if you write to the club. Think someone wrote into thebDaily Mail a few months ago to tell them and this fella was photographed with a cheesey face holding his signed card and letter...and then underneath in the comments, it appears a good 200 of us had received exactly the same letter...and I thought I was special!

Above all, the best things I get are the hand made cards that my daughter makes me. She puts so much time and effort into them and I’ve kept every single one of them.
  • Options
    When me and my mate were about 17, his Gran - bless her - got him a Cub Scout Annual - I think it was this one:

And a pair of mittens, which she had knitted. They were so small that they just about went over two fingers rather than the whole hand.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

My wife has bought me two amazing paintings in the last 12 months. Christ, thats going to make me sound about 80 lol.

I fell in love with them both when I saw them for the first time but they were miles out of my price range. The Leigh Lambert ‘They Think Its All Over’ painting was sold out everywhere but she managed to get hold of one for my birthday last year.

And the Iain Faulkner...

The photo of it really doesnt do it justice. There is so much detail in the painting that it could almost be a photograph.

Wedding present, we got a signed card from the Spurs 1st team, the Spurs legends team and a letter from Sir Pochettino. Thought that was amazing but it turns out that its a fairly regular thing they do if you write to the club. Think someone wrote into thebDaily Mail a few months ago to tell them and this fella was photographed with a cheesey face holding his signed card and letter...and then underneath in the comments, it appears a good 200 of us had received exactly the same letter...and I thought I was special!

Above all, the best things I get are the hand made cards that my daughter makes me. She puts so much time and effort into them and I’ve kept every single one of them.

One of my dream cars in the picture, Jaguar XKSS. Worth an absolute fortune, even the replicas cost well into 6 figures.
  • Options
    Only looking at them paintings from my phone, but that one with the two cars looks a bit Jack Vetriano ?