Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When the next manager arrives...

How many points will he need in his first 10 games to satisfy us fans?

30 - great, we will take him
15 - hmmm better but is he still clueless?
Less than 15? A case of "next please"? And the merry go round continues to spiral downwards.

Or would something nebulous like "a better style of play" be enough?

I don't believe there is a manager out there, and available, who could deliver more than 15 points in 10 games under the current regime.

Comments

• Options
    Enough to stay up,that is all that matters.
  • Options
    No manager can keep this sorry lot of players up. We need to look long term, and forget about this season.

Therefore the answer is someone who
    a) knows the Championship and League 1
    b) understands what Charlton is all about
    c) can stand up to Roland and katrien
    d) can slowly integrate the excellent youngsters we have into the first team

Fat chance of course, but that's what we need. No more short term appointments.
  • Options
    dabos said:

No manager can keep this sorry lot of players up. We need to look long term, and forget about this season.

Completely agree of course, except that any manager who does do C will be sacked. So until Dr Evil and his sidekick go, we are screwed.
  • Options
    20. For a good start in our League One title winning crusade....
  • Options
    The next manager won't arrive until the day after a new owner arrives, no idea what the next second rate head coach from or that has worked in Belgium will have to get though.
  • Options
    dabos said:

Someone like Chris Powell?
  • Options
    Powell would be mad to come back to this shower,unless the owners leave.
  • Options
    Powell has too much self respect and that in itself will rule him out. Roland wants a yes man that cant say no to anything asked of him.

When the new manager arrives we will all be saying, Who? Followed by FFS!!
  • Options
    We won't see any managers under this regime.

Now when the next Head Coach is appointed......

If the next one has experience of English football then we stand a chance of staying up. Otherwise it is League One for us next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ....can he switch the lights off....?
  • Options
    What do we want from the next ten games?
    30 points, obviously.
    Personally I'd be happy with 15.
    Saddened by less than 12
  • Options
    On paper we have a set of winnable games. I want at least 15.
  • Options

On paper we have a set of winnable games. I want at least 15.

That looks optimistic to me. We've got to start by keeping clean sheets but after shipping 11 goals this week this looks to be a bit more than work in progress.

Few of the games look very winnable to me. I'd settle for a point next week against Blackburn but we need some wins.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I don't want anyone who I like or respect to manage Charlton under this regime. I would hate it if Powell or Curbs came (no fear of that really) because there would be too much potential to sour the way I think about them. The main attribute I want from our next manager is that they are not employed by Duchatelet or Meire or any other nut job from the Stay Pricks asylum.

As for what I want from the next ten games. I don't really care that much about the points haul. I, long ago, resigned myself to the fact that we're a relegated club and stopped the tortuous activity of scrutinising the league table. If we can somehow amass enough points to avoid the drop that would be fantastic, but at the moment I'm sufficiently dejected not to care about whatever points total that may or may not require. What I'd like to see is:
    ☆ Some spirited and organised organised performances where heads don't drop about 10 minutes in.
    ☆ Perhaps a few attacking moves with a little bit of purpose to them.
    ☆ Some skill or flair - I'd like to see a Charlton player do something with the ball that I didn't think I could do myself.
    ☆ Most of all though I'd like my son to stop asking the same question every game, "Dad, when did we last see Charlton win"?

Personally, I don't think that's too much to ask. With Duchatelet absent at the helm though, I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options

I don't believe there is a manager out there, and available, who could deliver more than 15 points in 10 games under the current regime.

More accurately under Roland, you should have put "I don't believe there is a regime manager out there, and available, who could deliver more than 15 points in 10 games"
  • Options
    In the future, everyone will be famous Charlton's manager for fifteen minutes.