Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2015 - Highs and Lows

Two questions:

As a Charlton fan, what was your high point of 2015?

As a Charlton fan, what was your low point of 2015? (fill yer boots)

For me I think the high was Tony Watt taking the piss out of Forest. Playing keep-ball is something that I normally frown on but but he did it with such skill and artistry, it was a pleasure to watch. The low (though there's so many that it's hard to remember them) it was the appointment of Fraeye. Knowing that they had no intention of it being interim, and that every coaching appointment would just be some bloke that Duchats knows. A bit like Basil Fawlty and Mr O'Reilly.

Comments

• Options
    Qualifying for the Champions league and only being second to Leicester in the Premiership.

Oh hang on I’m dreaming again. That was indeed a fine piece of entertaining keep ball (all 2minutes 22 seconds of it) well us Charlton fans must make hay when the Sun shines eh? I guess being owned and run by the silent assassin is the worst thing..
  • Options
    High point -not renewing my season ticket
    Low point- haven't seen the team in action yet to make judgment but am today so will let u know
    But low point today is being on hold for over 25 mins trying to buy tickets??
    Do they not want us to go??
  • Options
    High- QPR at a sunny Valley in August thinking perhaps I'd been overly cynical of this mob and their network and perhaps they had a clue.

Lows- since realising I was completely wrong and the strategy is completely flawed to any form of progress in the eyes of genuine supporters. Realisng we have an ownership who do not respect supporters or the Trust and probably even hold them in contempt. Richard Murray's continued silence on it all and being party to it. The complete silence of those on here who know him who are usually so vocal and who could be asking the difficult questions of him or ask him how his position is tenable as a purported "Charlton man" by continuing to sit shoulder to shoulder with these morons and espouse their philosophy but never seem to do so with the same gusto which they attack others. The Trust being given lip service by KM and seemingly believing "dialogue" will change anything when they have made clear they hold Charlton supporters in low regard.

The fact that the culmination of the clusterfucks under this bunch of incompetent freaks has meant that I have boycotted the club I've been going to since I was 10 and cannot see a time anytime soon that will end and all due to the completely avoidable arrogance and nonchalance of an oddball collection of strangers who have absolutely no right to dictate the history of "OUR" club in any way.
  • Options
    High - Still thinking about that.

Low - The continuing, rapid demise of OUR football club.
  • Options
    High point - Millwall getting relegated

Low point - Losing 3-0 at home to Preston
  • Options
    High point - seeing how good Tony Watt was.

Low point - Losing at home to Preston. Being turned over by a team that was not that good yet we made them look like Brazil.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    High, spanner's going down.

Low, still not able to beat the spanner's when they were shite, in their cup final.
  • Options
    High- the odd great goal.
    Low- 2015
  • Options
    Huddersfield at home

MKD away.
  • Options
    Highs.............. The Upbeats...... all day long.
    Low...... Realising that something other than my wife, my health or my finances stopped me going to the football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Highs - still waiting
    Lows - RD owning our club
  • Options
    High - Gudmundsson's last minute winner vs Hull / The emergence of Lookman

Low - The fact that my passion and interest in the club is at an all time low
  • Options
    High - The excellent work by the Community Trust, especially the upbeats.

Low - She's still here.
  • Options
    High - Our form under Luzon back end of last season and watching JBG or Tony Watt at their best.

Low - watching the club I've supported for 20 years and had a season ticket for 12 of them be destroyed in the space of 18 months.
  • Options
    Highs
    - The Upbeats
    - Tony Watt in the Corner flag against Nottingham Forest
    - JBG's last minute winner against Hull
    - The team performance against Sheffield Wednesday
    - Ademola Lookman

Lows
    - Too many to count
  • Options
    High- tony watt of last season.

Low- getting rid of one of your best players ( again! ) when you desperately need him.
  • Options
    High - cardiff away, Huddersfield at home.

Lows - buying shit players and getting rid of good ones thus being shit.
  • Options
    High - Watt's goal against Leeds.
    Low - waking up every day and realising those twats are still in charge of our club.
  • Options
    High - Tony Watt taking the piss out of Forest

Low - The sheer unprofessionalism and lack of understanding from our 'CEO'
  • Options
    High - The Upbeats

Low - there're so many but the new low for me is just now, reading the Peter Varney emails and realising this really is it, we simply have no hope under the Belgian regime.