Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does RD have a sinister plan?

Does RD actually own the Valley and if so could he sell it for redevelopment?

I ask because I wonder if the current demise is all part of his real business plan. Get relegated, mass ST boycott, sub 5000 crowds then it will be easy for him to say the Valley is too big and sell it off to build a new stadium elsewhere with a 10,000 capacity?

Even as I type I am thinking to myself that is a ridiculous thought, but is it.....................?????

Comments

• Options
    again?
  • Options
    Said exactly the same on the train last night. We're all becoming conspiracy theorists it seems but every other worst fear has come true so far. Perhaps that's what "Target 20K" is all about? As evidence for them to say we can't even reach that target so may as well downsize.
  • Options
    Surely the local authority wouldn't allow him to do it. I think he is just senile. As if that makes it any better!
  • Options
    Sinister or not, it'll be the first one that's anywhere near being successful.
  • Options
    Wouldn't put anything past that despicable cretin
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I reckon he's actually a secret Palace fan who is still gutted that we relegated them. Roland is actually the Walloon for Nigel. He has so much money that he can use it to destroy Charlton even though all his Nigel mates reckon we're not really their rivals
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    What was the reason that The Valley wasn't redeveloped after we'd moved out in 1985? Was there some bi-law or council edict on land use?

I just can't help but think this NHS call centre thing seems a bit random. Why would they really want to get them in there? Is the money they will make really worth the inconvenience of doing rebuilding work and the rank stupidity (if you really want to sell football tickets) of making your ticketing staff unavailable to the public? I can imagine a scenario in a couple of year's time when Two Shats and his legal eagle submit an application for planning permission to convert The Valley into and industrial park or something similar. When the council turn this down on the grounds that the land can only be used for sport and leisure purposes, they'll be able to don't turn round and say that it's ok because the NHS being there set a precedent. Being the NHS as well, there's a huge emotional claim that may make it more difficult to argue they shouldn't be there. Maybe a scenario like this would also explain why Two Shats continues to have Meire as his CEO; it's not because he wants to laugh at someone who's out of her depth running a football club, it's because he wants someone in charge that's not going to ask annoying questions about a plan that is against the best interests of the club.

It's all supposition and it might just be my mind working overtime, but I don't trust these people one inch.
  • Options
    If he is genuinely investing serious money in the academy, then he will want youngsters to break through into league football to showcase them. This is clearly what is happening now at Charlton. He has no ambition for the club and we know he's not that interested in football. He just seems to want the first team squad crammed with as many youngsters as possible.

Is it stretching things too far to think RD could soon split the academy from the Club? He could discard CAFC and then be free to recruit and develop young talent with a number of London clubs available to place them with to get experience before selling them on.

Something like that would explain why he is trying to run the football club down.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:

If he is genuinely investing serious money in the academy, then he will want youngsters to break through into league football to showcase them. This is clearly what is happening now at Charlton. He has no ambition for the club and we know he's not that interested in football. He just seems to want the first team squad crammed with as many youngsters as possible.

Is it stretching things too far to think RD could soon split the academy from the Club? He could discard CAFC and then be free to recruit and develop young talent with a number of London clubs available to place them with to get experience before selling them on.

Something like that would explain why he is trying to run the football club down.

He's not trying to run down the club, he's trying to do things differently to everyone else and failing. If he wanted to run down the club he wouldn't sign the likes of Sarr and Vetokele for £1/2m+.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you think about it really doesn't look good does it? A relegation or 2 and a huge downturn in crowds it won't be to hard to palm it off will it? We need to do something to get the club back soon. The fact that he completely ignored Varney shows that he has no plans on selling or anything like that. Surely he knows he won't be going up anytime soon? What else could he be planning.
    Remember how we were always told he liked clubs near a city because of the chance of more fans coming in, there is also a high real estate value...
    This is obviously just a 'conspiracy' and could be way off, but I don't think the possibility should be ignored.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

He's not trying to run down the club, he's trying to do things differently to everyone else and failing. If he wanted to run down the club he wouldn't sign the likes of Sarr and Vetokele for £1/2m+.

The main point of my post was to speculate on whether RD might have a plan to split off the academy from the football club. Based on the players I see on the pitch, that might make sense - to RD at least.