Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5Live 606 Last Night

Hosted by Jason Mohammad (no, nor have I) and Robbie Savage, on the bit where 6 callers get 6 seconds to give their name, team and point; the first caller was called Chris who said his team was Charlton and said something like "What is going on at our club is a disgrace and can we have some media coverage please...."
They then choose which caller to go back to to expand their statement. Savage was keen to return to the Charlton fan but Mohammad overruled and went for the Plymouth guy, shame.
This Mohammad bloke then wet himself because Rio Ferdinand phoned in and they had some "hilarious" banter about Rio's clothes on BT Sport that night.
After last weeks Collygate episode this was another opportunity to get some national debate on CAFC that has slipped by.

Comments

• Options
    It's not going to be easy, keep plugging away and we'll get our Charlton back!
  • Options
    If you go on Collymore's Twitter, on his phone-in last night it looked as if he had two Charlton supporters lined up to talk about the issues at the club.

Going to listen back to see if they got on.
  • Options
    Shame that, every little bit of coverage helps.

While we're on the subject, did anyone hear the guy who said Mark Bowen couldn't possibly be Swansea manager as he only speaks one language? Odd!
  • Options
    Heard it too. Thought the Charlton fella was going to get his chance and Sav gave in to Jason. Savage should have gone with his choice!
  • Options
    Well done to Chris for calling in. I'm pleased to see a Charlton fan who is going out of his way to try and drum up some media attention for us. It sounds like pretty poor radio as well if the best they can do on the show is talk about clothes that rio ferdinand had on as well, but they have to appeal to the masses.

But it's not our fault that this has slipped us by... a fan has gone out to make an effort and unfortunately the host chose not to go with it. The tone of your post suggests we have failed as fans and not done something we should have done... I'm not blaming you, but keen to know how you're going to follow up on Chris' attempts and keep the ball rolling, rather than give us a media update? have you tweeted either of them to share a bit more, told them there's a case here to follow up on, linked in the video to give to them? Let's try and be positive with what we are doing rather than negative of the chances missed!
  • Options
    CAFC Luke said:

Well done to Chris for calling in. I'm pleased to see a Charlton fan who is going out of his way to try and drum up some media attention for us. It sounds like pretty poor radio as well if the best they can do on the show is talk about clothes that rio ferdinand had on as well, but they have to appeal to the masses.

But it's not our fault that this has slipped us by... a fan has gone out to make an effort and unfortunately the host chose not to go with it. The tone of your post suggests we have failed as fans and not done something we should have done... I'm not blaming you, but keen to know how you're going to follow up on Chris' attempts and keep the ball rolling, rather than give us a media update? have you tweeted either of them to share a bit more, told them there's a case here to follow up on, linked in the video to give to them? Let's try and be positive with what we are doing rather than negative of the chances missed!

Do you know who I am?????
  • Options
    West2003 said:

If you go on Collymore's Twitter, on his phone-in last night it looked as if he had two Charlton supporters lined up to talk about the issues at the club.

One caller called Lee got through towards the end, sadly didn't say really much, whether that was due to Stan talking a lot or just didn't really have a clear idea of what he was going to say.

You can listen here at the 22 minute mark: http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1451322000#

Stan did say however he has seen the KM summit interview on Youtube.

• Options
    Riviera said:

CAFC Luke said:

Jason Mohammed? ;)
  • Options
    West2003 said:

I was the other one lined up but got timed out. Was going to give the Aston Villa moaners a bit of light hearted bollocking and invite them to come down to the Valley to see what real incompetence looks like!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

CAFC Luke said:

I do. You are the owner of the pub where the Trust Board met this evening for pre curry beers. We hoped to get your wisdom on the current situation. But when we got there, we discovered that you weren't coming in unless there was a sufficient quantity of customers to warrant your presence.

Don't you know who we are?

:-)

• Options
    Ouch Mike! Are they infering you was having quality time with Roly.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Savage was keen to return to the Charlton fan

He probably wanted to remind Chris the Charlton fan that he's never played at Championship level and if he did, he would have a different point of view.

Jason Mohammad is a bland enough presenter, recognise the name from BBC's snooker coverage. That's all I've got.