Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lap of "Honour" Monday

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
If there is one, can someone tell everyone to stay in apart from Carson and Darren Bent? There maybe others but I'm struggling to think at the moment!!

Comments

• Options
    Holland
  • Options
    Pardew
  • Options
    This is a really interesting one because the fans will want to applaud the end of a successful era (although hopefully we are about to enter another one under Pardew) but we really have only a handful of players left from those really good sides of the early part of the decade, Holland and Herman.
    Kiely, Brown, Rufus, Powell, Kinsella, Parker, Jensen, Robinson and the rest have all departed and we need to find the next generation of "proper" Charlton players fast.
    It would feel strange giving a lap of honour to this limited bunch who, for the most part, have no real feeling for our club.
  • Options
    I've got really mixed feelings about this.

There's Pardew, who is above all this. There's the players who were good enough and tried. There were the players who weren't good enough but tried.

But what to do about Marcus Bent and JFH, who've done nothing but cost us a huge amount of money?
  • Options
    They're gonna do it anyway, so as long as we sing "Darren Bent Bent Bent", "One Scotty Carson", "Herman Hreidarsson", "old Matt Holland had a farm" & "Super Alan Pardew" and ignore the rest of the money grabbing buggers, they may just get the message. Unfotunately, I doubt it, but it's worth a try anyway.
  • Options
    I wouldn't personally give Herman the time of day, would applaud Holland and Rommedhal (only for attitude, they usually always applaud the fans), but I think you're right.... Just sing Benty, Carson, Pardew's names and forget the other wasters.
  • Options
    I wont be watching the lap of honour as I will be heading straight for the pub!
  • Options
    Would not give Herman the time of day? What the feck are you on?

He is past his best, that's for sure, but Herman has NEVER short changed this club for effort and has played through injuries and really put himself on the line on numerous occasions. You might question his ability (harshly, I feel) but the bloke has given us everything and if we had 10 more like him we'd be safe no worries.
  • Options
    If Kish makes it down for the game (as he finishes in Leeds this afternoon), I hope we give him a cheer too.

You can question his ability, but never his effort.
  • Options
    i personally think it will be a total disaster.

Its a Monday night, work and school the next day, most people will be wanting to get away pronto. If the club has any sense it will tell the players to do the lap immediately as the final whistle goes. If they go back in then there maybe no one left by the time they come back out, certainly if its the normal 5 minutes its been in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ormiston: For me, apart from his ability ranging from poor - shocking in the last couple of years; he just seems to play more for himself than the shirt and seems more interested in winding up players and officials than winning games or defending. That's all well and good if he does what he's meant to do, but most of the time he doesn't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i personally think it will be a total disaster.

Its a Monday night, work and school the next day, most people will be wanting to get away pronto. If the club has any sense it will tell the players to do the lap immediately as the final whistle goes. If they go back in then there maybe no one left by the time they come back out, certainly if its the normal 5 minutes its been in the past.

London derby and you only have to look at the train times to realise this AFKA.
  • Options
    A don't comeback next year lap of honour, for most I reckon.
  • Options
    ok what if we win though??
  • Options
    They'll be a lot of disappointed people on this board. ;-)
  • Options
    shocked, more than disappointed.