Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

** To all Charlton Fans- PLEASE READ**

2»

Comments

• Options

cafckev said:

Anyone got contacts to Kelvin? He loves slagging us off in his papaer column. This could be a little more "ammo" for him.

Personally id rather that tool stayed well out of it
    Agreed. The bloke's a turncoat prick and has no business at our club.
  • Options
    Great article Rick.

wasn't planning on going Saturday but will be know.
  • Options
    Michael Grade (Baron Grade) Media Executive extraordinaire and passionate Charlton fan. Please help save our club.
    (I realise this is probably a long shot!)
  • Options
    I'm still trying to work out why Duchatelet buys football clubs rather than restaurants and cinemas!
  • Options
    Should be sent to the National press so the country can see what they are doing to us
  • Options
    Thanks Rick for galvanising the support once again. I feel the rebellion is gathering pace and the cancer will be defeated. This club has been through too much to let these clueless outsiders win. Let's get them out in January, whatever it takes. Roland, Puppet, Fraeye OUT.
  • Options
    Is there a way we can get this article in the hands of supporters who don't necessarily subscribe to CL or the VOTV? Printed handouts before the match on Saturday perhaps?

People need to know about this! It would also be especially helpful to get the sports journos onside.
  • Options

Is there a way we can get this article in the hands of supporters who don't necessarily subscribe to CL or the VOTV? Printed handouts before the match on Saturday perhaps?

People need to know about this! It would also be especially helpful to get the sports journos onside.

I advocated this a couple of days ago, but it would seem that at such short notice it was deemed problematical.

I believe that Joe & Ben are working hard with the Black & White campaign , Davo & Curb_it with fund raising and as has previously been discussed, people have lives outside of supporting & even fighting for our Club.

If time & money was no object then I'm sure we'd see everyone entering The Valley on Saturday in possession of an informative leaflet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A fine article, full of well articulated truths..but you are still wasting your time and energy with these protests. As for the media, they may take a transient interest, but will make no enduring or effective contribution for any change.
  • Options
    KINSELLA7 said:

A fine article, full of well articulated truths..but you are still wasting your time and energy with these protests. As for the media, they may take a transient interest, but will make no enduring or effective contribution for any change.

If protests didn't work and apathy prevailed Charlton would still be playing at some outpost such as Selhurst Park or worse still have gone out of business altogether.

Action is needed. The effect may not be immediately obvious but do you think KM and RD will continually laugh it off? RD eventually cracked at Standard Liege and they'll crack in SE7 as well. It's just a shame we didn't get a home draw in the Cup as that would have been perfect for an all-out boycott.

I know there's nothing I can do here in Phuket apart from verbal and written support but I am in total agreement with the actions proposed so far.
  • Options

cafckev said:

Anyone got contacts to Kelvin? He loves slagging us off in his papaer column. This could be a little more "ammo" for him.

Personally id rather that tool stayed well out of it
    Surly, if he put a little bit in the Sun, it would be seen by many many people. As they say, all publicity is GOOD publicity!?

Has anyone thought of contacting those who support Charlton in the roads around the Valley and see if they would hang Black and White sheets out of their windows, have posters up on match days etc. Imagine how KM would feel walking down from the station seeing a road full of black and white houses! Get people in the flats behind the South stand to also do it too.

• Options
    Can someone please EDIT the title of this thread, coz the lack of space between the last word and the stars is playing havoc with my OCD
  • Options

Can someone please EDIT the title of this thread, coz the lack of space between the last word and the stars is playing havoc with my OCD

Why did you mention that ??!!
    It is for me now too !!
  • Options
    One thing that does spring to mind (and i know i'm going over the top) - but, if we were to help oust the Belgians and get Varneys consortium together - it would have such a galvanising effect on the club that we would probably escape relegation and then be pushing for something far bigger/better next season.
    COME ON !!!
  • Options

One thing that does spring to mind (and i know i'm going over the top) - but, if we were to help oust the Belgians and get Varneys consortium together - it would have such a galvanising effect on the club that we would probably escape relegation and then be pushing for something far bigger/better next season.
    COME ON !!!

Or it would make the pain of relegation far more palatable. If, and it's still a big if, a takeover does happen, it would almost certainly be completed after the Jan window shuts. Not much time left to put things right.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    In the same way that getting back to the Valley woke the club up, getting rid of the belgian fool and his incompetent puppet could do similar. If you look at major uprisings, they start with minor skirmishes. To dismiss them as KM has done, without realising the potential to grow into a movement when the conditions are right is yet another example of why she isn't fit to be a CEO. I would say the state of the team, arrogance of her comments and a potential buyer are creating the perfect conditions for something very big.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015

COME ON !!!

Or it would make the pain of relegation far more palatable. If, and it's still a big if, a takeover does happen, it would almost certainly be completed after the Jan window shuts. Not much time left to put things right.

However, arent loan signings allowed outside the transfer window ?
    Also, Charlton is worth much less in L1 than in Championship - therefore if there was a purchaser around, i would suggest they would be thinking that maybe if we cant buy it now, then it might be prudent to wait til we're in L1 and then the price reduces.
    the other side to this, as some people have mentioned, is that RD doesnt have a pressing need to sell - however, the fans pressure at SL got him out !

I get the feeling that, like he does with his managers, that he feels he sees something in KM that he wants to nurture and keep within his business empire. If he sees that she is getting stick from fans which is causing her grief that he might put the patriarchal arm around her shoulder and pull-out from his project.
  • Options
    Bump. Please all read the original post & link to VOTV.
  • Options

Why did you mention that ??!!
    It is for me now too !!
    Gah, it's got me now too :neutral:
  • Options
    wasnt there a protest about a month ago in car park, KM was laughing at it, so no more protests as too weak !! total boycott of one match would bring the whole problem to the tv and press
  • Options
    sit ins dont work, outside influences do
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

With all due respect, no time or energy is being wasted with these various actions. Pressure has been continually ramped up and is mounting daily. Ask yourself why Peter Varney's emails have come to light at exactly this time. Sharks smell blood and are circling.

People seem to have this idea that change happens in some straightforward way, when it's more like people pulling on various loose threads until the whole thing unravels. No one knows which one will be the one that breaks the camels back, but the point is to keep chipping away until you get there.

THIS. We'll all keep chipping away together. RD I would imagine start to question what the hell KM actually does if this carries on. Results don't look like picking up anytime soon with the current squad so with each day/week they'll run out of excuses
  • Options

wasnt there a protest about a month ago in car park, KM was laughing at it, so no more protests as too weak !! total boycott of one match would bring the whole problem to the tv and press

Ultimately I think this may be the only course of action if nothing happens soon. One match only, a high profile one against a top team. A stadium, with only a stand full of away fans and no one anywhere else.