Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Widening The Protest - Three Ideas

2»

Comments

• Options

Leicester match - Steve Brown red-carded as he was being stretchered off. That day each seat had been supplied with a merchandise catalogue ....
  • Options

Leicester match - Steve Brown red-carded as he was being stretchered off. That day each seat had been supplied with a merchandise catalogue ....

That's right.....I felt empowered that day as I threw my catalogue onto the touch line!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    braydex said:

braydex said:

I remember years ago at a home game lots of fans throwing their programmes onto the pitch in disgust at a decision the ref had made if I remember rightly? Was one of our players injured and the ref played on or something?

Anyway.....that was quite an 'innocent' act of defiance. It delayed the game a bit but not much. But got quite a lot of attention if I remember rightly. Maybe those that are still attending games could do that?

I was there for that game, but I can't for the life of me remember why it happened.
    I'm thinking something to do with Steve brown?
    Could be the one where he got red carded whilst lying on a stretcher? The ref that day was bloody atrocious.

Edit: Ok, just red above, it was that day. The ref had a complete mare. He sent one of theirs off a little while after to even things up. Both poor decisions as I remember, but he completely lost the plot.
  • Options
    I was there Steve Brown made a last ditch tackle on a Leicester player think it was Robbie Savage ref gave a pen and red carded SB as he was being stretchered off. it wasn't programmes that were thrown on the pitch it was club merchandise brochures that had been taped to every seat. How we could do with Brownies commitment in the current situation
  • Options
    johnboy59 said:

I was there Steve Brown made a last ditch tackle on a Leicester player think it was Robbie Savage ref gave a pen and red carded SB as he was being stretchered off. it wasn't programmes that were thrown on the pitch it was club merchandise brochures that had been taped to every seat. How we could do with Brownies commitment in the current situation

I don't know, but I best not participate this time around; mine just hit the fella's infront of me's head.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    braydex said:

braydex said:

I remember years ago at a home game lots of fans throwing their programmes onto the pitch in disgust at a decision the ref had made if I remember rightly? Was one of our players injured and the ref played on or something?

Anyway.....that was quite an 'innocent' act of defiance. It delayed the game a bit but not much. But got quite a lot of attention if I remember rightly. Maybe those that are still attending games could do that?

I was there for that game, but I can't for the life of me remember why it happened.
    The game was against Leicester City, copies of the new club catalogue were taped to everybody's seat. Steve Brown tackled and committed a foul, knowing that this could be a red card offence Brown stayed down and feigned injury, however the ref sent him off anyway. The crowd did not take this well and threw the said catalogues onto the pitch. The incident was preserved for posterity by a picture of Leicester and England Keeper Ian Walker leaning against the goal post reading the catalogue.

Wish I read the whole thread before I posted, just a footnote, it was Steve Brown that said he wasn't injured,
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I would have been young for that game, I remember how surprised my Dad was that I not only threw mine on the pitch but his too, the start of me becoming the emotional nightmare I still am in the stands but then Steve Brown was one of my first Charlton heroes, love that man. :-)
  • Options
    braydex said:

braydex said:

Brown got sent off{I think}.

They were club shop brochures advertising the usual 'tat', these were left in the seats for people before the game.

• Options
    It wasn't a last-ditch tackle from Brown. Leicester player chipped the ball through to their striker, would've been one-on-one with the keeper, but Brown batted it away with his hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

It wasn't a last-ditch tackle from Brown. Leicester player chipped the ball through to their striker, would've been one-on-one with the keeper, but Brown batted it away with his hand.

Ahhh, you're right, he did use his hand. I think it was probably the deliberate handball that got him the red rather than the tackle.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Yes it's all coming back to me now.......oh, those were the days!!!
  • Options

I couldn't possibly condone anyone throwing missiles on to the pitch - but brussels sprouts, surely...
  • Options
    rikofold said:

I couldn't possibly condone anyone throwing missiles on to the pitch - but brussels sprouts, surely...
    I think you've just come up with a brilliant idea!!! Sprouts on the pitch - I love it!!
  • Options
    braydex said:

rikofold said:

I think you've just come up with a brilliant idea!!! Sprouts on the pitch - I love it!!
    Far be it for me to be a killjoy, but the boys (and girls) in blue may view that on the same lines as throwing coins, etc. Especially if the sprouts are uncooked - now school dinner sprouts would be a different matter (drowning might be more of an issue).
  • Options
    Gillingham always had the sticks of celery throwing song. They were banned from even taking into the ground.
  • Options

braydex said:

rikofold said:

Far be it for me to be a killjoy, but the boys (and girls) in blue may view that on the same lines as throwing coins, etc. Especially if the sprouts are uncooked - now school dinner sprouts would be a different matter (drowning might be more of an issue).
    To get round that, what if we all ate the sprouts, say about two hours before kick-off and then at a given time during the game, all projected our rears towards the directors box and let one off?

The old bill would be stumped with that one!!!

• Options

braydex said:

rikofold said:

To get round that, what if we all ate the sprouts, say about two hours before kick-off and then at a given time during the game, all projected our rears towards the directors box and let one off?

The old bill would be stumped with that one!!!

I think you'd get charged with chemical warfare
  • Options
    The difficulty here is that Roland is not a normal chairman/owner of a football club. He clearly doesn't care about unpopularity and rarely if ever attends games. Strategies that might embarrass other owners will not worry him. Unfortunately I think the only thing that will work will be to hurt him in some other way: and the only way I can see that will happen is to hurt or downgrade his assets which in this case is the club. It would basically mean that Charlton supporters would need to damage the club's finances and reputation so as to make it financially punitive for him to carry on. The risk is, of course, long term damage to the club we love.

However as Roland seems intent on ruining the club anyway........

• Options

Chunes said:

Ahhh, you're right, he did use his hand. I think it was probably the deliberate handball that got him the red rather than the tackle.
    Was funny, worked though as got the other 10 players game's up.

Anyone remember curb's comments when interviewed after the match..... he said something along the lines of 'typical of Charlton fans, at Millwall they through seats, here we throw brochures'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

braydex said:

the game was Leicester City and I cant remember either what triggered but do remember Simon Royce was in goal for Leicester
  • Options
    Things that will embarrass RD in Belgium are definitely along the right lines. I imagine that will cause him more discomfort than anything we do at The Valley. Do the Belgian police issue wanted posters at all? If so, I'm sure someone with some skill in Photoshop (which is sadly not me) could knock up a version with RD on for crimes against the club.