Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Roland Duchâtelet and Katrien Meire are killing Charlton Athletic

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes, we know he is a coward. I get frustrated by KM, but I do have a small amount of pity for her. She clearly does not have the common sense or emotional intelligence to do the role, under the owner we have. She is a young woman, who may learn a lot from this, if she realises she isn't always right and the owner certainly isn't. But he is more than happy to hide hundreds of miles behind the front line, and let her march out of the bunker with corporal Murray shouting 'don't panic'. Unfortunately, we can only go for that target that faces us. The weasel coward Duchatelet will not.
  • Options
    I was hoping the writer of this article was on Charlton Life - so I could tell them how brilliant it is. Very comprehensive and have shared on social media
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I was hoping the writer of this article was on Charlton Life - so I could tell them how brilliant it is. Very comprehensive and have shared on social media

He is isn't he Tom, I thought it was Inspector Sands himself?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The author is @InspectorSands

• Options

What I have found 'weird' in all this is the lack of spin from KM. I mean, she could try to present the way the club is run in a positive way to fans and not insult them...

Every time she opens her mouth a load of unbelievable old shit flies out. Presumably, someone with some nous has advised her to keep shtum. Perhaps she's even had a crash course in communications at the Duchatelet school of management. After all, her crash course at running a football club was so successful that she can crash one with her eyes closed now.
  • Options
    Impeccable summary Inspector, as I just re-tweeted.

One other little spot - Jena are actually in the 4th (regionalised tier) in Germany, altjhough they get better gates than Ujpest or Alcorcon right now.
  • Options
    "Nevertheless they've proved to be the right decision every time.." KM

Powell - sacked 11 March 2014 - League position - 24th
    Riga - contract terminated 27 May 2014 - League position - 18th
    Peeters - sacked 11 January 2015 - League position - 14th
    Luzon - sacked 24 October 2015 - League position - 22nd
    Fraeye -as at 1 January 2016 - League position 23rd
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Nug said:

Jan 1st 2014 - 19th in table with 24 pts

Jan 1st 2016 - 23rd in table with 19 pts

Hasn't really improved though no matter what stats you throw at it. On top of that you have a completely disengaged fanbase.

And played less games that season up to that point.
  • Options

"Nevertheless they've proved to be the right decision every time.." KM

Powell - sacked 11 March 2014 - League position - 24th
    Riga - contract terminated 27 May 2014 - League position - 18th
    Peeters - sacked 11 January 2015 - League position - 14th
    Luzon - sacked 24 October 2015 - League position - 22nd
    Fraeye -as at 1 January 2016 - League position 23rd

She's shit at saying what she means but what she means is shit anyway and the way she said this crap in that video fans meeting made it sound like shes an awkward bitch to work for an brings the managers down to her stupid shit ways of thinking, they get disillusioned and find there jobs no longer tennable and can't perform. De-motivated, best way of putting it. Fraeye is like a kid a Christmas career wise, he won't moan or talk back about anything.

Peeters is the only one that probably told her she's a twat and was honest enough. Didn't he come out and say things about her after he left? I remember someone saying RD actually wanted Peeters to stay but had to go along with the sacking of him as he was apparently all of a sudden sexist.

• Options
    Peeters identified the squad wasn't strong enough and when the team started to struggle was vocal about it - unlike arse licker KF who blames the fans. RD made the error in appointing a proper manager in Peeters.