Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lower West, Saturday

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Sorry for a new thread, but the one about the protest seems to have turned into a discussion about management structures.
I'm coming down on Saturday after a fairly lengthy absence. My season ticket was in the upper west, but I don't want to go up there and was planning on going in the north upper to be part of the noise. However, I notice that one or two people are going in the lower west to be more visible. I'm up for that, but don't want to be a lone nutter, surrounded by people tutting. Who else is planning to be in that area?

Comments

• Options
    I'm coming down from Lancashire for this one and sitting in Lower West in seat M103
  • Options
    I'll be in Lower West too......
  • Options
    I'm in the Lower West and joined in with the chants on Monday. Will be there tomorrow with my black & white scarf.
  • Options
    Please give them hell. I sit in North lower and will be doing my bit.
  • Options

I'm coming down from Lancashire for this one and sitting in Lower West in seat M103

make sure Katrien doesn't arrange for a drawing pin to be put on your seat.
  • Options

make sure Katrien doesn't arrange for a drawing pin to be put on your seat.

@lancashire lad is made of tougher stuff than that. He's not an inflatable toy, you know. It will take more than that to deflate him.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Sorry for a new thread, but the one about the protest seems to have turned into a discussion about management structures.
    I'm coming down on Saturday after a fairly lengthy absence. My season ticket ess in the upper west, but I don't want to go up there and was planning on going in the north upper to be part of the noise. However, I notice that one or two people are going in the lower west to be more visible. I'm up for that, but don't want to be a lone nutter, surrounded by people tutting. Who else is planning to be in that area?

The season tickets can get you into all areas of the ground.
  • Options

Uboat said:

I'm coming down on Saturday after a fairly lengthy absence. My season ticket ess in the upper west, but I don't want to go up there and was planning on going in the north upper to be part of the noise. However, I notice that one or two people are going in the lower west to be more visible. I'm up for that, but don't want to be a lone nutter, surrounded by people tutting. Who else is planning to be in that area?

Is this right? My ST says turnstile 34-36, I've tried on No.32 & it wouldn't let me in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Uboat said:

There was a typo on the word 'was' in my initial post. I didn't renew.
    Currently planning the operation.
    I know this might sound like a stupid question, but where does the directors box actually begin and end? or to be specific, if I want to sit next to it, where do I need to be?
  • Options

Uboat said:

Is this right? My ST says turnstile 34-36, I've tried on No.32 & it wouldn't let me in.
    Enter at the usual turnstile and then occupy an empty seat, just walk across if that's possible, assuming the west has avaialble seats.
  • Options
    I think I've found the perfect seat, but the website is being a dick. Frustrating.
  • Options
    Is anyone else finding the website a pain? An electronics man runs this club and we can't even get a simple booking system working! What does that say?
  • Options

Uboat said:

Pretty much half-way line the directors box.
  • Options
    Thanks Uboat-worked a treat by dumping Chrome. My daughter is studying Sociology and I've told her she should see enough material with the protest to cover a terms workload!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Is anyone else finding the website a pain? An electronics man runs this club and we can't even get a simple booking system working! What does that say?

I ditched Chrome and went through IE, which worked.

West Block lower, Block D, X122, which, if I've got it right, puts me right next to the directors box. Felt a bit strange spending £33 for the privilege of trying to ruin someone's day, but then these are strange times that we're living in.
    You'll probably get some prick telling you to sit down and shut up, you'll be sat next to an apologist.

I hope that I'm wrong, fair play to you.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I ditched Chrome and went through IE, which worked.

West Block lower, Block D, X122, which, if I've got it right, puts me right next to the directors box. Felt a bit strange spending £33 for the privilege of trying to ruin someone's day, but then these are strange times that we're living in.
    That sounds about right. She will not be close by (sits nearer the middle these days, surrounded by security), but will enter and exit by the stairs. That's when you may be closest. Tactically, maybe wait until the security are otherwise engaged (there may be plenty of people going for it tomorrow with her in mind) then do your best/worst. If we can target her and Carol, the twinned attack may work best!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

There are times when I have to remind myself that it's not actually an assassination plot. At one point I had photos of the west stand which I was cross-referencing with the seating plan, along with photos of the directors box to see if I could work out where she would be.

Gosh, imagine the security if it was?!?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

There are times when I have to remind myself that it's not actually an assassination plot.

Nice thought though while it lasted.
  • Options
    Knowing this regime I'll probably be the one taking a bullet to the forehead now that I've advertised where I'll be sitting.
  • Options
    I'm going to take my binoculars tomorrow, then take aim from the East Stand!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Knowing this regime I'll probably be the one taking a bullet to the forehead now that I've advertised where I'll be sitting.

You'll be fine mate. Katriens nose will get in the way.