Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Media coverage

Comments

• Thanks for sharing that Mogodon.
  • He seems to have really learnt how to run a football club from his mistakes at Standard then.. mmmmmmm
  • If Chris is worried about what is being said is upsetting the Staff and Players I suggest he has a word with 'er in doors first.
  • Nothing new really in the article, except I did not realise RD was worth £400 million! What a tight-fisted Scrooge we see at CAFC!
    Roland Out!
  • Never realised he'd owned Sint-Truiden for so long. The tale about defenders and midfielders swapping places is a corker.
  • T.C.E said:

Nothing new really in the article, except I did not realise RD was worth £400 million! What a tight-fisted Scrooge we see at CAFC!
    Roland Out!

Oh yes, just a couple of quid behind Henry Irving. ;)
    Let's persuade Henry to buy the club! End of problem...
  • T.C.E said:

Nothing new really in the article, except I did not realise RD was worth £400 million! What a tight-fisted Scrooge we see at CAFC!
    Roland Out!

Oh yes, just a couple of quid behind Henry Irving. ;)
    Let's persuade Henry to buy the club! End of problem...
    Frying pan and fire spring to mind! ;)
    (Just joshing your Lordship)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    /

Never realised he'd owned Sint-Truiden for so long. The tale about defenders and midfielders swapping places is a corker.

That Times article reheats some old legends about RD. It looks very much like they trawled all the old threads about him on CL before writing it. But it's all grist to the publicity mill....

In theory, RD doesn't own any Belgian club (and sold STVV years before buying SL because of a conflict of interest in his political career), but there has been so much traffic between Standard, St Truiden and the network clubs in the last few months that a lot of people in Belgium are asking exactly what his relationship is to the Belgian clubs.
  • just sent the CARD press release to seven Belgian outlets. French version kindly provided by @rikofold 's French mistress friend.

Apparently a journo from Het Nieuwsblad was in the Press Box today: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=710648709078056&id=691800940962833

• aliwibble said:

just sent the CARD press release to seven Belgian outlets. French version kindly provided by @rikofold 's French mistress friend.

Apparently a journo from Het Nieuwsblad was in the Press Box today: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=710648709078056&id=691800940962833

The story really needs to somehow gain traction in Belgium - if it starts to become an issue for his reputation in both politics and business, then he'll have to act.
  • Spoke to this guy before the game.
  • Het?
    How did he seem, did he already have an understanding of the situation? Wonder if Katrien spent some time briefing him about the club view on things
  • Mackle said:

Het?
    How did he seem, did he already have an understanding of the situation? Wonder if Katrien spent some time briefing him about the club view on things

I spoke to him too. He was put in touch with Airman and I by Gary Jacob of the Times who has quite a lot of contact with him. He will definitely write something, and I am sure Airman and I between us got our point across, but I also think, as you say, that he has the KM side.

• Sponsored links:

• Sky piece and, particularly, studio discussion at lunchtime was very strong. Coverage of post-match protests on both Sky and Five good - looking at that as a neutral you'd be impressed by the numbers, I reckon. Those pictures are half the point, IMO.

A mate of mine texted me earlier this evening to say that there's a whole thread on Leeds' main forum titled "Bravo Charlton supporters" which is high praise considering the size of their fanbase. Getting great coverage at the moment.
    Can somebody post a link to it please?
  • I still think that we need to take a protest to Roland. We need to be standing outside his house, his office and any other place he goes too.
  • Sky piece and, particularly, studio discussion at lunchtime was very strong. Coverage of post-match protests on both Sky and Five good - looking at that as a neutral you'd be impressed by the numbers, I reckon. Those pictures are half the point, IMO.

A mate of mine texted me earlier this evening to say that there's a whole thread on Leeds' main forum titled "Bravo Charlton supporters" which is high praise considering the size of their fanbase. Getting great coverage at the moment.
    Can somebody post a link to it please?
    Can't get onto their forum without being a member I'm afraid
  • But it does have Patrick Barclay writing for it
  • edited January 2016
    "[RD] introduced a pitchside fan sofa at Charlton this season and once suggested, to his players’ amusement, that midfielders and defenders could swap at the interval to maximise energy

This is just...

I mean...

F***