Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Media coverage

Comments

• Lot of coverage on talk sport today
    It's gathering pace
  • Small piece in the Daily Telegraph today led by SCP's comment about a possible return under the right circumstances. We don't normally get any coverage in their Monday supplement.
  • A bit of a shout out on the Football Weekly podcast from the Guardian.
  • Brief mention from Durham on talkSPORT this evening who questioned how and why Duchatelet was allowed to buy a Football League club.
  • Posted this on another thread:

Not sure if this has been posted, but we were mentioned on Sky Sport's Sunday Supplement show. They release the show as a podcast - it can be listened to here:

http://bit.ly/1PHTU2q

There is a segment about general club neglect - discussing Villa, Sunderland, Bolton etc, which starts at 45:00min. The Charlton-specific part starts at 49:20mins.

I recommend listening to the whole 6 mins or so. The points made about Aston Villa could quite easily be referring to us and there are several parallels: a CEO with no prior experience, awful decisions being made at every level, absentee owner, a lack of respect for the supporters.
  • RDG said:

Tweeted Guardian Football Weekly and they kindly covered the story in today's podcast, decent analysis and some laughter at KM's web summit comments. FW is downloaded thousands of times each week around the world, so decent bit of exposure. Let's keep it up!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/audio/2016/jan/04/football-weekly-chelsea-kickstart-their-season-with-a-party-at-the-palace

Our coverage starts at the 44:50 mark
  • BBC World Football phone in weekly show is hosted by Dotun Adebayo who supports Charlton according to Wikipedia.

I'm not on twitter but could be worth giving him a shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Posted this on another thread:

Not sure if this has been posted, but we were mentioned on Sky Sport's Sunday Supplement show. They release the show as a podcast - it can be listened to here:

There is a segment about general club neglect - discussing Villa, Sunderland, Bolton etc, which starts at 45:00min. The Charlton-specific part starts at 49:20mins.

I recommend listening to the whole 6 mins or so. The points made about Aston Villa could quite easily be referring to us and there are several parallels: a CEO with no prior experience, awful decisions being made at every level, absentee owner, a lack of respect for the supporters.

Coverage of the Prem is pretty comprehensive here in the U.S., but not hearing of any protesting by supporters of Aston Villa. Are they doing anything? If not, what's up with them?
  • edited January 2016
    limeygent said:

Posted this on another thread:

Coverage of the Prem is pretty comprehensive here in the U.S., but not hearing of any protesting by supporters of Aston Villa. Are they doing anything? If not, what's up with them?
    Apathy I expect, Stan Collymore their ex player seems to be trying to fire them up on his Talksport Radio programme though.
  • IAIA
    edited January 2016
  • BBC World Football phone in weekly show is hosted by Dotun Adebayo who supports Charlton according to Wikipedia.

Yes Dotun is a Charlton fan - has admitted as such on BBC Radio London several times. He may be sympathetic to any callers!
  • Also mentioned by James Richardson and co. On football weekly podcast
  • Bubble said:
    This is very good. Thanks for sharing.
  • Good article, good to see we still have some momentum in the press.
  • A good piece and very succinctly puts across the points. Well done The Sun.
  • Can someone explain what "traditionally a family club" means? Or tell me what club isn't?? Never understood it. Solid article in Britain's best selling paper! Like it
  • Sponsored links:

• redsek said:

BBC World Football phone in weekly show is hosted by Dotun Adebayo who supports Charlton according to Wikipedia.

Yes Dotun is a Charlton fan - has admitted as such on BBC Radio London several times. He may be sympathetic to any callers!
    Surprised at this. He once told me that he was a spurs fan with a soft spot for Charlton. Clearly changed his allegiance now.
  • Bubble said:
    Is that in the paper edition as well as online? I'm not a fan of the paper or Murdoch, but great that they've picked it up. Nothing earth-shattering, but that just makes it all the more galling (as we all know) that Duchatelet & Meire & Murray just don't seem to get it!
  • TelMc32 said:

Bubble said:
    Is that in the paper edition as well as online? I'm not a fan of the paper or Murdoch, but great that they've picked it up. Nothing earth-shattering, but that just makes it all the more galling (as we all know) that Duchatelet & Meire & Murray just don't seem to get it!
    I'm not sure if it's the paper edition - I know it was written by a guy called Tom Barclay who is The Sun's football league writer.

He said it was written in part by fans requested him too look into this CAFC situation on Twitter so credit too them.

Let's keep the pressure on
  • Tom Barclay focuses on the football league and the sun are one of the only main papers that cover the 72 clubs outside the premiership.
    He tweeted me last week saying he would look into it and he kept his word. Brilliant piece
  • redsek said:

BBC World Football phone in weekly show is hosted by Dotun Adebayo who supports Charlton according to Wikipedia.

Surprised at this. He once told me that he was a spurs fan with a soft spot for Charlton. Clearly changed his allegiance now.
    The opposite of a glory hunter!

A gory hunter?
  • Bubble said:
    Bubble said:
    Good piece... A little surprised it wasnt "Emma 23, from Essex" giving her views on the protest

Did like this quote though: Duchatelet makes Mike Ashley look like motor-mouth Piers Morgan with his lack of communication.
  • Thos won't please Katrien and her cronies in the bunker. They would have hoped that the media would have moved on after Saturday. She'll have to stay underground for a few more days.
  • Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust responds to director Richard Murray https://t.co/9pOx6MFe8B

— Dan Roan (@danroan) January 8, 2016