Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFCOfficial parody account on Twitter

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere @CAFCofficial1

So far, very witty and intelligent

No idea who is behind it, but I suspect the author may have a pilot's license...:-)

Comments

• Options
    Good so far, followed
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Thank you for bringing that to my attention, it is most amusing.

Edit: Realised this sounds sarcastic. It's not; I'm being so, so, genuine.
  • Options
    I'm not one for parody accounts on Twitter, but that one is absolutely top notch. Hats off to whoever is running it!

I've seen Charlton have had the display picture taken down though.. but not the banner image strangely.
  • Options

Feel proper sorry for the media guys at the club who are doing their best in poxy circumstances.

In fairness if they're sound as well they'll laugh as well.
  • Options
    It's very good. We need more of them
  • Options
    PREVIEW | Unbeaten in 2016, without a single goal conceded, Karel Fraeye's #cafc face @Official_NFFC at The Valley.

LOL
  • Options
    Lol it's top class. Great following so far
  • Options
    It's good but not sure how long the club emblem will stay there if their lawyers get in touch.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I just found one called CAFCOfficial. It has a banner saying 'we are red, we are one'. Sorry Katrien, who are 'we'? Are'nt we some sort of weird customer group. On which point, I am considering making Charlton my un-friends on Facebook. The only reason I am holding back is that you get to replyon Facebook, and criticise stuff like their '2015 highlights' post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is fantastic. Some much needed light relief from our current plight. Whoever is responsible keep it up!
  • Options
    Followed..
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It appears that this Twitter account has been suspended. Who complained, who knows.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

It appears that this Twitter account has been suspended. Who complained, who knows.

Hopefully just temporary. Twitter are usually pretty lenient when it comes to Parody Accounts. This one clearly stated that it was a Parody Account and there was nothing particularly contentious.

If the club have complained, clearly the truth hurts.
  • Options
    Well looking at Twitter rules, I can't see if would have violated any of them.
  • Options
    It's not really trying to mislead people is it? It's a parody surely
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes, hat's off to whoever is behind it. Very well done.

Damn shame it's been suspended. Presumably someone at the club complained???
  • Options
    They weren't realistically going to get away with using the club emblem for long- bit naive really as otherwise it wasn't libellous
  • Options

They weren't realistically going to get away with using the club emblem for long- bit naive really as otherwise it wasn't libellous

Didn't @Airman Brown say a while back that the Spivs lost the TM on the emblem?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally preferred the guy Luzon parody #goadders #addersforguy
  • Options

Jamie Jackson
  • Options

Think it's irrelevant - you can't 'pass off' as the club to use a legal term
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    A trademark is a sign which can distinguish your goods and services from those of your competitors and is capable of registration at the Intellectual Property Office. Through registration, you have exclusive rights to use the trademark and can take legal action against any persons who use, in the course of their business (and without your consent), a sign which is identical or similar to your trademark. However, if you do not register your trademark and someone uses your mark without your permission, you may still be able to claim relief through the common law action of “passing off”.
    One of the most significant cases in this area was the infamous ‘jif lemon’ case which was decided in 1990. In this case, which established the test to satisfy the common law action of ‘passing off, it was held that the reproduction of a lemon shaped container for lemon flavouring, amounted to passing-off because of the reputation and goodwill which the shape of the jif lemon container had attracted.

To bring a passing off action, you must be able to show that:1.you are trading in the goods and services which the mark applies to, as only traders who have generated goodwill can bring a passing off action; 2.the public associate your mark with the goods you produce, or the services you provide; 3.you have built up a reputation in the goods and services, and goodwill is attached to the mark; 4.a third party has made misrepresentations to the public, whether intentionally or not, leading, or likely to lead the public, to believe that the goods or services offered to them are your goods or services; and 5.this has caused damage to the goodwill in your business. While it can be difficult and expensive to prove a passing off action due to the evidential burden of proof placed upon the owner of the trademark, it nevertheless remains a course of action open to owners of unregistered trademarks.

• Options
    edited January 2016

They did, but that's more to do with the fact that just slapping a ™ on something doesn't really do much to protect your intellectual property rights (hence we were about the only club to have it anyway). The Spivs weren't giving up the club's unique right to use the badge, they just realised that the ™ wasn't the right tool to protect their interests.
  • Options

Think it's irrelevant - you can't 'pass off' as the club to use a legal term
    Fair enough. Hopefully they account owners have been told to change the emblem and then they'll be allowed back.
  • Options
    Can't we claim a common law action for their passing off Charlton as a football club, when really it's a player farm? ;-)
  • Options

Jamie Jackson
    Bring back the Welsh dragon #whitepele