Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We are in the Guardian!

2»

Comments

• What else can we do to move this to other Nationals, the more bad press we can bring on RD/KM the better. I don't subscribe to any press is good...this will not be well received in Belgium, can we get it into their nationals at all? anyone know?
  • Uboat said:

Only decent paper left, so no surprise they're the first to tackle it properly.

Couldn't agree more.
    About bloody time as well!
    Unfortunately if we're honest with ourselves we're gonna need the dastardly tabloids onside to really reach the masses.
    Why hasn't Kelvin Mackenzie (*shudder*) been more proactive in his "column"?
  • The second article is tremendous.

I may have missed an article - is the link on the OP of this thread the second article or the first?
  • Lets just hope that the protests down not let us down now as i am sure a few media types will be watching it now.

Hadn't realised there was a second version, that is superb.
  • Did anyone buy the Guardian this morning? Is the article also in the print version?
  • This is a deeply moving moment for me. We have been Guardianised..
  • This is a deeply moving moment for me. We have been Guardianised..

Goonerhater will be chuffed.
  • Sponsored links:

• What else can we do to move this to other Nationals, the more bad press we can bring on RD/KM the better. I don't subscribe to any press is good...this will not be well received in Belgium, can we get it into their nationals at all? anyone know?

That´s in hand, Red.

@Airman Brown probably already has this in hand, but anyone sending out press releases, make sure this guy from the Graun is on it ( as well as Owen Gibson)

That´s in hand, Red.

@Airman Brown probably already has this in hand, but anyone sending out press releases, make sure this guy from the Graun is on it ( as well as Owen Gibson)

Thanks @PragueAddick, I'll leave it with you and of course @AirmanBrown
  • whilst we now know the whole of Islington knows about CAFC and RD after the Guardian articles the problem remains that the owner wont see it and may never even know there has been an article. As for caring ? we know the answer to that.

However doing nothing isnt an option anymore and this may well help in at least removing his toxic puppet.

Gary Bushall writes some sort of column in one of the tabloids (or he did)so contact him.

As for Kelvin Mcenzie of course he should be contacted regardless of him being a slug.

The top sport writers whose whole life revolves around 5/6 Prem teams will get a warm glow coming in to battle for little old Charlton.

• whilst we now know the whole of Islington knows about CAFC and RD after the Guardian articles the problem remains that the owner wont see it and may never even know there has been an article. As for caring ? we know the answer to that.

However doing nothing isnt an option anymore and this may well help in at least removing his toxic puppet.

Gary Bushall writes some sort of column in one of the tabloids (or he did)so contact him.

As for Kelvin Mcenzie of course he should be contacted regardless of him being a slug.

The top sport writers whose whole life revolves around 5/6 Prem teams will get a warm glow coming in to battle for little old Charlton.

I've seen Bushell retweet one of the messages
  • Is it worth sending the article to that Belgium journo (Sven?) who sometimes posts on CL?
  • Is it worth sending the article to that Belgium journo (Sven?) who sometimes posts on CL?

It's probably worth sending a link to the whole of the Belgian media as I'm sure they will be interested in the RD angle.
  • edited January 2016

Ditto for Danny Taylor, their number one. He's a Forest supporter and has written extensively of the trouble at the club down the years. He spent years in Manchester, during times when City were still a wreck. A very, very good journalist and writer (especially for a lead, who are usually told to bland it down once they get the position).

Nick Miller is a very good writer, he used to write for F365. I want to say he's Forest as well, but for the life of me I can't quite recall (they're pretty open about who they support on that site).
  • MacKenzie certainly observed the protest before the Wednesday game - I saw him, and he was there for a good few minutes.

Thought he might have had something to say about the situation before now, but maybe today might be the catalyst for that.
  • Did anyone buy the Guardian this morning? Is the article also in the print version?

It's not in the print version, unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• An arsenal friend of mine who doesn't really know what's happening at Charlton just messaged me to say he read about our situation in the guardian online.

The message and story is definitely getting across.

• This in the print version of The Guardian today.

Excellent
  • It would be ideal if these articles were shown to journalists in Belgium. It would be great for them to cover the story to get some ridicule of Duchatelet on his own turf. Anyone have any contacts?
  • Chunes said:

It would be ideal if these articles were shown to journalists in Belgium. It would be great for them to cover the story to get some ridicule of Duchatelet on his own turf. Anyone have any contacts?

see above

• Chunes said:

It would be ideal if these articles were shown to journalists in Belgium. It would be great for them to cover the story to get some ridicule of Duchatelet on his own turf. Anyone have any contacts?

see above

Note to self: read thread.
  • Some protest pictures now being shown as well but as part of changing images so can't link.