Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Miere Interview

Comments

• Options
    What does it say in English? Can someone translate please
  • Options
    Roland Duchâtelet made ​​beginning in 2014 with Katrien Meire a 30-year-old Flemish CEO Charlton, the English team which he had just taken over. Guest in Café Corsari Meire did again her remarkable story: "For now I see it still as an asset that I am a woman in a male dominated world."
    Also read:

Duchâtelet completes acquisition of Charlton off
    Duchâtelet "talent exchange is the strategy"
    Two years ago, Meire still a lawyer, she now leads an English club tradition. "Once we had a stadium with 90.000 places, bigger than Wembley. If I have to compare Charlton with a Belgian club, my first thought goes to Antwerp, but in a better condition."

It may even be an advantage that I'm not a footballer: if players must be attracted, I look at the budget and not for names
    KATRIEN MEIRE, CEO CHARLTON
    How she ended up in that chair? "I worked for Roland Duchâtelet when that boss was Standard. He bought plots Charlton and he needed someone to be the spot. I had previously lived still in London, and it seemed an obvious choice to put me there. And course I did not say no. "

Which of her qualities were the deciding factor? "I have a passion for football and for what I do and I'm honest it really is not that difficult:... A combination of hard work and common sense may even be an advantage that I'm not a footballer: if players need are attracted, I look at the budget and not names. "

That she immediately received the title of CEO, it did surprise a little, "But England is a very hierarchical country only someone with a title, it will count in order to have a bit more power and that everyone would accept me, I had a.. kind of title needed. "

A 30-year-old woman at the head of an English football club. The fans were not that weird? "I have not encountered many problems there. And consider it a compliment that I'm pretty well accepted."

"Time to be afraid, I did not. Because you have no time to think. There is so much at you ..."

"I'm waiting for when I'm right first time"
    Hairband with Duchâtelet, still a businessman with a distinct style, is quite good. "He is the best boss I've ever worked with."

"I see him more as my mentor, he taught me a lot and I still often need advice, we also have another function, he is owner, I'm rather the buffer and face and also needs more interact with the fans.. . "

"From his voice I hear whether something is good or bad, he says even if it is not good, like he says if it is good as it should:... Fair comment and honest criticism."

Duchatelet it usually has the last word: "I always try to argue with him, but I am still waiting for the moment I'm going to have a first time right."
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    And she got the job because she'd previously lived in London...

I've been on a day trip to Brussels, surely that makes me ideal for a job within the club? - I've also traveled round the world so actually would be perfect for the job of Chief Scout, does anyone have an objection if I use a combination of Football Manager and FIFA 16 for my reports?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I like the bit where she says "to be honest it's really not that difficult..."
  • Options
    Puppet
  • Options
    Shame Henry was too nice to call the thread, The Silly Old Miere Interview.
  • Options

And she got the job because she'd previously lived in London...

I've been on a day trip to Brussels, surely that makes me ideal for a job within the club? - I've also traveled round the world so actually would be perfect for the job of Chief Scout, does anyone have an objection if I use a combination of Football Manager and FIFA 16 for my reports?

I'd advise to add YouTube to your list. Essential research material.
  • Options
    It's funny that most of us can't spell our CEO's name correctly. Same goes with our owner's name, and names of all the players they've brought in from the continent....
  • Options

Shame Henry was too nice to call the thread, The Silly Old Miere Interview.

I only realised what I'd done after I posted, that would have been funnier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's funny that most of us can't spell our CEO's name correctly. Same goes with our owner's name, and names of all the players they've brought in from the continent....

No point learning how to spell it now. They won't be around much longer.
  • Options
    When signing players, Meire looks at the budget not the names. This explains why most of our signings are too ridiculous to even attempt to explain.

Meire had lived in London so was the obvious choice as CEO of Charlton Athletic.

Meire is honest and has common sense. Has anyone ever been so deluded ?

Meire need to be given a title to be accepted, so RD called her The CEO.

Unbelieveable Jeff.