Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A big thank you to all at Charlton Life.

Supporting a club like Charlton in a faraway place like OZ is often a lonely exercise, and in a tough season, like this one, you guys and girls have helped supporters across the globe build the passion, sustain the belief and face the threat of relegation without fear.

The melancholy of relegation may be knocking at the door, but I ain’t a-gonna grieve.

As AFKA points out in his brilliant blog, following Charlton is not about expecting success. For me it’s about the struggle to overcome adversity and the joy that every little win brings. Its about a team punching above it weight. Its about a club that connects with its supporters and community. When people ask why I follow Charlton, I tell them the story of how the club and its supporters returned to the Valley.

So Charlton Lifers, thanks again, Sing loud and Sing Proud on Monday night and know that in the early hours of a dark Melbourne morning, one sad (and probably stark raving mad) sod will be standing up for a chorus of ‘Stand Up If You Love Charlton’ with you.

Sometimes you never just know...........

Comments