Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So Ok.....

So if the action and protests currently being undertaken take effect and Roland and his handmaiden decide to leave, what happens then? Presumably he would want most or all of his initial stake plus expenditure on the pitch etc back so any buyer or buyers would have go some way to meet his valuation. In addition Charlton are a loss making concern at the moment so any investors would face stumping up X million a season just to keep us at this level let alone building a side that could seriously challenge for promotion

I know that it appears Peter Varney tried to meet with KM to discuss investment into Charlton but do we know whether the people he was representing wanted to take the whole club over and if they did are they still interested? Has anybody else have the desire and means to come forward with the umpteen millions needed to move this club forward We ended up with Roland because the previous administration ran out of money.

Comments

• Options
    I think you gonna have to settle having a new CEO instead of KM , an experienced coach and if possible some additional good players. Getting another investor is very hard. I really understand you want RD out but bankrupcy is not an option, is it ?
  • Options
    Soton were in admin' not long ago!
  • Options
    Mametz said:

So if the action and protests currently being undertaken take effect and Roland and his handmaiden decide to leave, what happens then? Presumably he would want most or all of his initial stake plus expenditure on the pitch etc back so any buyer or buyers would have go some way to meet his valuation. In addition Charlton are a loss making concern at the moment so any investors would face stumping up X million a season just to keep us at this level let alone building a side that could seriously challenge for promotion

I know that it appears Peter Varney tried to meet with KM to discuss investment into Charlton but do we know whether the people he was representing wanted to take the whole club over and if they did are they still interested? Has anybody else have the desire and means to come forward with the umpteen millions needed to move this club forward We ended up with Roland because the previous administration ran out of money.

"do we know whether the people he was representing wanted to take the whole club over" Yes

"if they did are they still interested?" No idea although they maybe waiting to see which division we are in next year and basing any offer on that
  • Options

We can't control what might happen. What we can do is recognise what is, and organise against it.

Exactly. There seems to be a running theme of people saying you cant protest unless you have a plan for a new takeover etc.

Nonsense.

Lets use KMs wonderful restaurant analogy. If my food is shit I can complain. I wouldn't expect the waiter to demand I hired them a new chef. Or came through and showed the chef how to cook. Or something like that. Maybe this analogy doesnt work eh?
  • Options

We can't control what might happen. What we can do is recognise what is, and organise against it.

Exactly
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    skywalker said:

I think you gonna have to settle having a new CEO instead of KM , an experienced coach and if possible some additional good players. Getting another investor is very hard. I really understand you want RD out but bankrupcy is not an option, is it ?

That wouldn't be a bad start.........Not the bankrupty bit .... obviously. :)
  • Options

Mametz said:

"do we know whether the people he was representing wanted to take the whole club over" Yes

"if they did are they still interested?" No idea although they maybe waiting to see which division we are in next year and basing any offer on that
    And if we find ourselves in League one, our value goes down substantially. Making us a cheaper buy, but less attractive. Unless those coming in have wads of Dinar to spend.

If Roly had any sense he'd sell up now and run for the hills.

If Roly had any sense mmmmmmm ................
  • Options

Spot on. I think this is one instance when 'better the devil you know' doesn't apply. These clowns are leading us towards footballing oblivion, so it is hard to see how much worse a new owner could be. Suggesting we have to have a business plan before we start chanting is misguided.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Addicted said:

Exactly. There seems to be a running theme of people saying you cant protest unless you have a plan for a new takeover etc.

Nonsense.

Lets use KMs wonderful restaurant analogy. If my food is shit I can complain. I wouldn't expect the waiter to demand I hired them a new chef. Or came through and showed the chef how to cook. Or something like that. Maybe this analogy doesnt work eh?
    But they might respond by selling the restaurant to someone with even worse food.

It's important to consider the consequences of any actions.

When the spivs sold up there was more than one prospective buyer of the club - the thing is that RD was the one that came with the dosh at the right time to avoid administration. PV's proved that the club will interest a buyer, but being aware we can't control who comes in to purchase the club should focus our attention on the possibility they may be even worse.

Not saying better the devil, but if RD out is your endgame then it's quite reasonable for people to ask what happens afterwards. Otherwise, surely, it's a bit reckless? Doubt I'd have to look too hard to find someone saying 'anyone but the Spivs', after all - and at least they wanted the team to be successful.

(EDIT: ***personal view***) (sigh)
  • Options
    This argument doesn't work now. We know RD is currently driving us towards the edge of a cliff. We have to stop him doing that. The niceties of what comes next don't matter at this time.

In any case we don't have any say in what comes next. Even if we did, so what. On the face of it, RD ticks most boxes but in reality .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The more he runs us into the ground, the less appealing we become and the more fans (and future fans) we lose. We have to draw the line now. Yes, it's a gamble, but how much worse than Division 2 in five years with an empty ground and almost no interest ...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Addicted said:

Nonsense.

Actually can you show some examples of this running theme? Not if you click on my profile you won't. I and a few others have simply said that its not enough just to protest, and in particular its a bit pointless having "RD: out" as an objective of the protest if you have no idea who will replace him. Now, Airman Brown has suggested that there may be a replacement, and that has had a galvanising effect on the size of the protest. So the OP's question is reasonable and sensible. Let's hope that Peter Varney really does hold the answer to that question.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I don't think Prague that the specific 'suggestion of a replacement' had an overtly galvanising effort on the size of the protest, I just think that generally the number of people getting frustrated / disappointed / angry with this regime has just been growing and growing over time, aided by the ongoing protest initiative which started two months ago and had been growing momentum whilst results have been terrible. Undoubtedly the Voice stuff has aided the momentum, but I don't think anyone was 'rising up' because there is a very loose at present insinuation of other ownership interest.
  • Options
    Questions I asked before about the aims of the rebellion:

* RD out and everything with him ?
    * KM out and replaced with someone / anyone ?
    * If RD sells is there any concern about who to and their plans ?
    * Get the Sofa out - can't believe people moan about this ?
    * Communication ?
    * What about the latest targets in Murray and Davidson?
    * Others I forget

There is no concensus so there will be no agreed successful outcome whatever happens (or doesn't). Are the planned bill board adverts going to have consistency about a desired outcome or just moan about what is / was ?

Excuse my realism.
  • Options

I don't think Prague that the specific 'suggestion of a replacement' had an overtly galvanising effort on the size of the protest, I just think that generally the number of people getting frustrated / disappointed / angry with this regime has just been growing and growing over time, aided by the ongoing protest initiative which started two months ago and had been growing momentum whilst results have been terrible. Undoubtedly the Voice stuff has aided the momentum, but I don't think anyone was 'rising up' because there is a very loose at present insinuation of other ownership interest.

The Voice article has directly resulted in a surge of press coverage which in turn has made a lot more Charlton fans aware of the problems (unlike the 1500 (?) on here who are all over them). It's also a riposte to those like me who were saying 'careful what you wish for unless you got anyone better'. Now I agree with you, the actual evidence of a potential buyer is pretty 'loose', but you have to admit we are in the minority in being so cautious on here.

• Options

Mametz said:

Evidence?
  • Options

I wouldn't be overly worried about 'what comes next'. We don't know.

No we don't ...and I no longer care ...I'd rather take the risk.
  • Options
    I want Duchatelet to sell. I doubt our protestations even with pitch forks and flaming torches will drive him from the Valley in coach and horses. What I want our protesting to do is to force him to seek a buyer. To put it out there that he wants out. Now we know there has been interest and by all accounts still is. There will be serious interest like those brought to the table by PV and no doubt a few chancers like our previous owners seeing if a swift buck can be made. Ultimately they will have to stump up the money. Things cannot continue as is unless Roland has a 100% change of heart and tack which given that he is not a fan won't happen. The protest must go on and gain momentum.