Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

for the charity match

i have decided to model my performance on that of gary lineker circa 1986.
no, i have not suddenly found the golden boot touch that saw him top scorer at the world cup, but i have broken my wrist and am in a cast.
seriously, can i still have my 15 minutes of fame? (just to get the sponsorship money).

Comments

• Options
    As with all injuries like this - you'll have to run it past the ref first.
    Shouldn't be a problem though - so long as you don't start smacking people in the face with the cast! ;o)

You'll also have to take complete responsibility for potentially damaging the wrist further...
  • Options
    Don't worry PBS

I'm sure we can put your cast to good use, in a Joey Barton kind of way :)

Only kidding. I hope the officials take a sensible attitude to your situation and let you play.

Alex
  • Options
    f**k it.
    just got back from the orthopaedic consultant and have to have an op next tuesday. not as straight forward as i thought. i will probably have to be the orange cutter :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]f**k it.
    just got back from the orthopaedic consultant and have to have an op next tuesday. not as straight forward as i thought. i will probably have to be the orange cutter :-(
    Shit news PBS - however, I won't take you off the Pardew's Porkers teamsheet in the programme just yet...keep the faith!
    You've gotta play for at least 30 seconds to justify your sponsorship!

Seeing a consultant on a Bank Hol? I presume that was private....?
  • Options
    no. went to queen elizabeth yesterday. seen by nurse, x-rayed, had the lump of bone manipulated into place under laughing gas (not at all funny), put in plaster and x-rayed again all within 2 hours. went back this morning and they tried to fit me in for the op this afternoon.
  • Options
    Blimey! A&E tends to be quite good if you get in there early.
    I know what you mean about the entinox - fcuking useless stuff. Morphine is the way to go!
  • Options
    ah mate, sorry to hear that.

see how things are in a couple of weeks, but i'll make a note you won't be playing in goal !
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    keep your chin up PBS, couldn`t you kick off the game or something like that?