Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Half ST's

More hypocrisy from the club. I've never seen a restaurant ask you to be part of the family.

http://youtu.be/StjN7AahWzw

Comments

• Options
    They've also had to extend the period when you can purchase one.

I do wonder why?
  • Options
    Does anybody know how many they have sold?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    would be great if we can find all those people in that vid and see what they think of the demise of their club? unless they're actors?
  • Options

would be great if we can find all those people in that vid and see what they think of the demise of their club? unless they're actors?

Must be actors... They look far too happy to be Charlton fans!!
  • Options
    cant imagine many people will of bought half season tickets, the ad is terrible espeically with the empty ground.
  • Options

Does anybody know how many they have sold?

Just a half.
  • Options
    Imagine they had sold zero, that would be great wouldn't it.
  • Options
    Think someone reported recently that sales were in single figures with a target of 500 ... just as successful as everything else they do
  • Options
    It seems the "menu" isn't to anybody's liking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Think someone reported recently that sales were in single figures with a target of 500 ... just as successful as everything else they do

I heard it was just 3 sold!
  • Options
    Its a good ad, but I dont understand who they are trying to convince with all the fiction? Surely not fans?
  • Options

Imagine they had sold zero, that would be great wouldn't it.

VOTV claimed three by the end of the year I think. But amazing that this uses the emotional message of belonging and longevity so scorned by the club's CEO. Clearly no communication happening even within ...
  • Options
    Why would this appeal to anyone? The ground is rarely half full so tickets are easy to come by, the offering is often so piss poor, and by early spring we could be relegated anyway. It's like trying to sell a (semi) polished turd.
  • Options

More hypocrisy from the club. I've never seen a restaurant ask you to be part of the family.

http://youtu.be/StjN7AahWzw

I really hope that one day, even if it's after she's left the club, she's called out on her duplicitous messaging. Trying to play the "we're in this together" card to the fans whilst trying to come across as some sort of calculated business woman to the professionals (that bloody car crash of a summit in Dublin) is absolutely despicable.
  • Options
    Wonder if they'll get them in the post before the season finishes...
  • Options
    Right. First bloke in this is my mate and he would have absolutely no idea about this. Am contacting him today to see if he has received payment.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Right. First bloke in this is my mate and he would have absolutely no idea about this. Am contacting him today to see if he has received payment.

As a 'customer' I assume he should have been consulted first and recompense agreed.
  • Options
    The one where it comes up as a wife doesn't even have a ring on her finger. May be me being picky but, this isn't that great of an advert. And barely advertised at all..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I actually really liked that advert... Yet I find it really disappointing considering that we know how much the club really thinks of those values, and that it's shallow nonsense aimed at an audience that they don't seem to really understand

I quite like it, but think it could do with some action shots, although they may find them difficult to find this season. The problem is not going to be the advert but the product.

Why buy a half season ticket when you have so many empty seats and you can buy a lower costing one and then sit in the more expensive one. On top of not wanting to put unnecessary money in the owners pockets.
  • Options
    Join the family. Except don't complain. Or say you have a stake in it. And expect members of said family to be sold off and adopted into better, richer families. And accept that within this family you only make up 2% of the opinion. Other than that it's just like spending Christmas round your nan's.
  • Options
    If you take your customers for granted they will decide to eat at home and not in your spacious well equipped restaurant.
  • Options
    That video fills me with rage.
  • Options
    In a normal season at a well-run club this wouldn't upset anyone. And that's the issue now. These clowns have pissed us all off so much that almost anything they do will be criticised and rejected. And that's one of the reasons that, at the very least, Meire has to be jettisoned by RD as a matter of urgency. If he can't see that then either he's a crap businessman or he fancies her.
  • Options
    U

stonemuse said:

I heard it was just 3 sold!
    Roly, KAtrien and Carol brought them. Just in case they move on between now and the end of the season. They can't bear the thought of not seeing their beloved team in action. I wonder if they will stage a 3 person protest against the new regime.
  • Options

Join the family. Except don't complain. Or say you have a stake in it. And expect members of said family to be sold off and adopted into better, richer families. And accept that within this family you only make up 2% of the opinion.

That's exactly what it was like for Christmas round my nan's.