Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I dont want Duchatelet to sell....

Until after the Blackburn game, coz then i can give the Belgians pelters and give them the full blast in the car park after the game.

Forgive my ignorance with the questions but the only concerns i have are...

1) What happens should RD not sell?, or no-one is prepared to pay his asking price.?

2) Could the Valley be sold by RD as an asset to repay the Staprix loan? Or is it safe?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016

Until after the Blackburn game, coz then i can give the Belgians pelters and give them the full blast in the car park after the game.

1) What happens should RD not sell?, or no-one is prepared to pay his asking price.?

2) Could the Valley be sold by RD as an asset to repay the Staprix loan? Or is it safe?

(1) We hope he eventually loses interest enough to lower the price?

Presumably (2) would be a good way to make the club as a whole unsellable. I think it would also drag some of the ex-directors in to it, due to their debts being tied up in grounds?

Here's the wording of a couple of the debentures owed by "Charlton Athletic Football Club Company Ltd" today (not Baton 2010 Ltd or Charlton Athletic Holdings Ltd - which most likely own the ground):

• Options

1) We will fall into League 1 within the next 3 years without a doubt and become no more than a midtable league 1 club with no desire for promotion. But we'll all be able to go down to the valley to watch young players who we will then sell on to the premier league. YAY!

2) I don't know.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Presumably (2) would be a good way to make the club as a whole unsellable. I think it would also drag some of the ex-directors in to it, due to their debts being tied up in grounds?

Here's the wording of a couple of the debentures owed by "Charlton Athletic Football Club Company Ltd" today (not Baton 2010 Ltd or Charlton Athletic Holdings Ltd - which most likely own the ground):

Those debentures are satisfied,I.e no longer in existence.
  • Options
    RD's endgame is to own the Valley and Sparrows Lane, then lease them back to the new owners.

It will be like the Glikstein era all over again and we may have to battle for the Valley once more, as he raises the price to unrealistic levels season after season - and our poorly supported L1 or L2 side struggles to pay for playing / training facilities.

RD always has the ultimate fallback of using the Valley for much needed housing to recover his debt (currently rising by £1m a month?), as we go back to ground sharing with WHU (or Gills, Orient, Ebbsfleet etc)

RD "doesn't do failure" and this would count as success in his eyes, as he bought something for (say) £50m and sold it for more than that.

That is why they want to alienate the fanbase - because they don't want to risk any "people power" when it comes to Greenwich Council. They want us to get fed up and walk away - which is why we must continue protesting.

If we ever get the chance to buy squares of the playing surface (like Chelsea) we must do this instead of buying shares like we did before to protect our club going forward.

Prepare for tough times everybody, this is going to be a bumpy ride.

I would take the Chuckle Brothers back as owners in a heartbeat, given what we know now.

"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?"
  • Options
    edited January 2016

LuckyReds said:

Having spoken to the ex-directors last week (well, one speaking on behalf of two others), and touched on the same subject with Richard Murray, I think they'd all be surprised to hear that their legal charges no longer exist. Indeed, they are very clear that they do.
  • Options
    There would be a date next to satisfied if they had been wouldn't they?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

There would be a date next to satisfied if they had been wouldn't they?

Think so.
  • Options
    What role does the planning permission on the shop have in a broader plan?
  • Options
    What planning permission on the shop?
  • Options
    There was rumour of a planning application for residential in place of the club 'superstore'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LuckyReds said:

doesn't read that way as it says 'Satisfied:-' and no comment so surely if they were satisfied it would say 'yes' or 'discharged' etc
  • Options
    edited January 2016

LuckyReds said:

Those ones aren't. Although, there are some which are satisfied elsewhere.

The satisfied ones tend to include the date they were satisfied though; for example, here's one of the ones owed to Murray/Chappell which has already been paid off or transferred: