Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A night to celebrate and say goodbye

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Tonight is a time for celebration of the Premiership years and all the good times and players it brought. We should sing the praises of Rufus, Andy Hunt, JJ, Bartlett, Holland, Little Benty, Di Canio, Deano, Kins, Robbo etc, whilst we watch and celebrate the demise of the current dross of Thomas, Romm, Marcus Bent, Ambrose, El Kak, Hughes (and whoever else Curbs bought at the end) etc play their last games.

Things can only get better. Charlton's fun times are built on promotion near misses and success. You can't get promoted without a relegation, so lets celebrate the start of the long build new build towards the next promotion.

Comments

• Options
    we're not down yet
  • Options
    Agreed KT, if it all goes pear-shaped tonight then the lap of honour is not really for the current squad (with four or five exceptions) but for all those you have mentioned plus Murray, Simons and the board for all their efforts in keeping us in the Prem.
  • Options
    I don't know whether I hope you are right or not! Surely coming back as Champions next year after a fuller season with more open football matches and hopefully a bigger away support, with a free season ticket to follow, would be preferable to another premiership mid table or lower year!
  • Options
    I must be rubbish at counting because I thought we could still stay up!
  • Options
    Relegation is absolutely no guarantee of winning promotion next year.

In fact, we've probably a better chance of staying up this year than being promoted next.

Let's at least try and take our chance.
  • Options
    If we can grab the money on offer this year by staying in the Barclay's Cheat League, then we need to take every chance we're given to do so. The problem is, things haven't been going our way these past few weeks and we look unlikley to turn things around at this late hour. I'm resigned to having the remaining ounce of hope beaten out of me. Yet, miracles do happen.
  • Options
    I have this funny feeling we're going to win tonight. It would be just like Charlton to prolong the agony just that little bit longer...
  • Options
    Cannot see us winning at all tonight ... I generally am an eternal optimist, but expect us to go down 4-1 .... 0-1 at half time, another at the start of the second, we get one back on the hour, get excited but SPurs score a third and then on 90- they get their 4th.

C'est la vie .. sing it loud and proud.
  • Options
    What's the point BELIEVING we will lose?

We just need to all give it our best shot tonight, create a wall of sound and the Valley Roar.....and get those players to respond.

Every reason to believe we CAN win.
  • Options
    no point at all!

C'MON CHARLTON