Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An open letter to Mr Murray

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Dear Mr Murray, thank-you for giving an interview to the Evening Standard. Unfortunately, you did not come close to addressing the real issues, that are alienating the majority of Charlton supporters. Perhaps, you could make a further statement explaining the following :-

1 Who are making the DECISIONS regarding player purchases, which have been a horrendous failure from the outset ?

2 Bearing in mind, everyone could see from the outset, that they were not up to the job. Why is this continuing two years later ?

3 Is it still the same people making these recruitment decisions and if so why ?

4 Do you agree, that they have wasted millions of pounds, on players not suitable for Championship football ?

5 If Mr Duchatelet is so keen on keeping players costs at a reasonable level, why is he doing the exact opposite, by employing incompetents, in this role ?

6 Why do we start each season, with a squad of players that are insufficient in quality and numbers ? We are planning for a relegation battle, not Championship consolidation.

7 If our ambition is to survive in The Championship, without constantly fighting relegation, surely we need a good coach ?

8 Katrien Meire claims that each coach sacked, has improved the club. If this is true why were they sacked ?

9 Why are we employing incompetent coaches ? Surely it is MORE economical to employ a competent coach, who knows The Championship and can help the players who are less experienced than all of the opposition ?

10 Why did we not keep Jose Riga, when he did so well ?

11 Why have we employed Karel Freye, a coach with 3rd division Belgian experience ? We presume that this is because he will do as he is told and is cheap ?

Can you clarify if this is not so ?

12 Why is Karel Freye still an interim coach, some months later, when he has clearly failed, as everyone knew he would ?

13 Why does Katrien Meire insist on telling blatant lies to the Charlton fans ?
Has Mr Duchatelet or yourself discussed with her the extreme damage she is doing to Charlton Athletic ?

14 Why are we gradually closing the ticket office ?

15 Why have we installed an online ticketing system, that six months later is still not fit for purpose ?

16 Why does Roland Duchatelet, Katrien Meire or yourself, seem to have no understanding, that you are driving away Charlton fans, who love this club dearly, with the disrespect and lies ?

17 Do Roland Duchatelet,, Katrien Meire or yourself understand, that if we are relegated, we will have about 5000 season ticket holders next season if there is not a supporter boycott and a lot less if there are ?

18 Finally, do the three of you understand, that the supporters (not customers) fear that you are driving our beloved club into League 1 through sheer incompetence ?

Even if we survive. The supporters are not interested in watching a player farm experiment. An experiment of buying and selling players, with no football ambition. Not a football club, but just a vanity project of a deluded man, who thinks he can change football alone. He cannot.

Mr Murray, I ask the above in all sincerity, on behalf of the dwindling Charlton fan base. If you can address the above, you may just start to placate fans. If not I believe the demonstrations will continue indefinitely and the action will be stepped up.
I do not believe the board, who are cosseted away from reality, or not even in the country, have the slightest understanding of the depth of despair, that Charlton supporters feel.

Whatever Katrien Meire thinks. IT IS OUR CLUB AND ALWAYS WILL BE. How many supporters will attend The Valley next season is another matter.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    e-mail it to him, see if he is a bad at replying to his e-mails as the stupid woman he works with.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Is this a different open letter to the one that seems to have dissapeared in the last 15 minutes ?
  • Options
    Couldn't ask why I keep getting an email addressed to Dave could you? I don't know a Dave.
  • Options
    Murray rat needs to ask the witch for permission first before answering any of those questions.
  • Options
    Very good Q's, but there is no deadline ;-)
  • Options
    masicat said:

Couldn't ask why I keep getting an email addressed to Dave could you? I don't know a Dave.

Mine was getting addressed to 'Matthew', no idea why. I told them repeatedly it wasn't my name, yet still it came addressed to Matthew. I eventually un-subbed which did the trick :smile:
  • Options
    great questions take over the trust