Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sex on the pitch

Comments

• Options
    It's good to read that I'm not in the minority on this one; it's been mighty lonely being part of the 2%.
  • Options
    Frozen would be awful in Black & White
  • Options

This is my debut post on here although I've been browsing for years. I could have selected any one of the threads about the state of the club today but I'm choosing this one because as a schoolteacher who has brought hundreds of my students to matches over the years, it was this cheap, crass and desperate piece of marketing which first made me question whether I should continue to promote Charlton within my school. Subsequent events have only increased my doubts and it saddens me to say that even though the school trips are one of the highlights of my job, I really don't fancy it as things stand.

I would be interested to know whether anyone has changed their opinion on this video in the light of recent events.

Just another of Meire's imbecilic initiatives. How she can think this was appropriate for a "family" club. I'll never know.

I seriously wonder if there is actually something medically wrong with her.

This is my debut post on here although I've been browsing for years. I could have selected any one of the threads about the state of the club today but I'm choosing this one because as a schoolteacher who has brought hundreds of my students to matches over the years, it was this cheap, crass and desperate piece of marketing which first made me question whether I should continue to promote Charlton within my school. Subsequent events have only increased my doubts and it saddens me to say that even though the school trips are one of the highlights of my job, I really don't fancy it as things stand.

I would be interested to know whether anyone has changed their opinion on this video in the light of recent events.

Just another of Meire's imbecilic initiatives. How she can think this was appropriate for a "family" club. I'll never know.

What this actually shows is her inability as a CEO to set a direction and maintain control of her team. The video was "published" without her approval at the time, by the comms team. Subsequently she was happy with the bookings for the pitches, as was Roland.

Source: Bromley Addicks meeting with KM.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

They missed a trick. As soon as the lights went on the couple should have got up and started cutting some shapes to house music, before collapsing on the sofa to watch Frozen on the big screen whilst sharing fourteen chips.

Explanation please Seth!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

What this actually shows is her inability as a CEO to set a direction and maintain control of her team. The video was "published" without her approval at the time, by the comms team. Subsequently she was happy with the bookings for the pitches, as was Roland.

Expect she was lying.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

@Kap10

Actually it was produced and released by the MARKETING team. KM said at Bromley that she knew about the video but not the full content.

The COMMS team had nothing to do with it, knew nothing about it and weren't too happy about being kept in the dark even after it was released.
  • Options
    Just one of many cock up's !!
  • Options

Kap10 said:

@Kap10

Actually it was produced and released by the MARKETING team. KM said at Bromley that she knew about the video but not the full content.

The COMMS team had nothing to do with it, knew nothing about it and weren't too happy about being kept in the dark even after it was released.
    I don't believe that a video like this would have been released without the senior manager of the club being aware of it. Another lie for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought it crass and something that demeaned our club. I wrote to the commercial manager to say so, too. I never got a reply.

Cheap, tacky and pointless.

Made us a laughing stock.

Laughing stock ? Most people I know thought it was funny
  • Options

Cheap, tacky and pointless. Made us a laughing stock.

I thought for a minute that was a description of our away form, not the video.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

@Kap10

I don't believe that a video like this would have been released without the senior manager of the club being aware of it. Another lie for me.
    She said she WAS aware of video just not that it was so explicit.

She should have had a much closer handle one it and made sure everyone at the club knew. She didn't.

She should have asked how much will this cost and how much extra income will it bring in. She didn't.

She should have stuck to being a lawyer but she didn't.

Point I was making was that it was nothing to do with the comms team.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

@Kap10

She should have had a much closer handle one it and made sure everyone at the club knew. She didn't.

She should have asked how much will this cost and how much extra income will it bring in. She didn't.

Apologies to the Comms team, over and above that the point I was making is that she has no control over people working for her and their output.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

@Kap10

Wasn't questioning what you said, just what KM said and knew or should have known.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

@Kap10

Wasn't questioning what you said, just what KM said and knew or should have known.
    Fair enough, I agree.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

@Kap10

Apologies to the Comms team, over and above that the point I was making is that she has no control over people working for her and their output.
    She doesn't understand objectives, KPIs, or cost/benefit as her power point comedy showed.
  • Options
    Sleazy adverts dressed up as spoofs are as nothing compared to the pricks and arseholes in the boardroom.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Agreed........

...................And this is frankly what concerns me about the new head of communications role..... will she have any real authority /independence, or is she just a production assistant, rubber stamping the executive decision. In my opinion she carries the can for this, as she is responsible for communicatio, both 'internal comms' and external.

The photograph below is the one I took of several at that Bromley meeting.......

• Options
    photo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry apple mac freaked out......
  • Options
    seth plum said:

They missed a trick. As soon as the lights went on the couple should have got up and started cutting some shapes to house music, before collapsing on the sofa to watch Frozen on the big screen whilst sharing fourteen chips.

God I feel old. I have memories of happy days at school with those blunt scissors.

• Options
    IA said:

Marginal cost outweighed marginal income = poor business.

What was the cost? And what was the revenue for summer pitch hire in 2014 and 2015?
    Do you mean the revenue generated as a direct result of this, er, "initiative"?
  • Options
    Sounds like a good cocktail to me. Anyone know what's in it ?
  • Options
    "Another knob on the pitch, that's all we need." Misunderstood British irony gets us in trouble again.
  • Options

IA said:

What was the cost? And what was the revenue for summer pitch hire in 2014 and 2015?
    Yes, marginal income, which is what Airman said was lower than the cost of the video.

Both Airman and Henry have stated this as a fact, but neither have provided the figures on this thread. I'm not sure if figures have been published elsewhere.
  • Options
    IA said:

IA said:

Yes, marginal income, which is what Airman said was lower than the cost of the video.

Both Airman and Henry have stated this as a fact, but neither have provided the figures on this thread. I'm not sure if figures have been published elsewhere.
    I was basing my statement on info from VOTV. I have no inside info as Tony Kehone isn't answering my texts anymore.
  • Options

IA said:

IA said:

I was basing my statement on info from VOTV. I have no inside info as Tony Kehone isn't answering my texts anymore.
    Info came from staff with direct knowledge of pitch hire.
  • Options

I thought it crass and something that demeaned our club. I wrote to the commercial manager to say so, too. I never got a reply.

Cheap, tacky and pointless.

Made us a laughing stock.

That's the club slogan sorted out then.