Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trust response to Club Q&A

Comments

• Options
    A waste of time. The questions are far too polite and will be ignored by the club. What will we see from the trust in say.....2 weeks time, if they have not received a response from the club? A statement asking the club why they didn't respond to the trust? A polite letter to the club asking the same questions that they didn't initially get answers to? I'm sorry, but this failed experiment by RD & Co. has also raised questions about what the Trust does, it's purpose, it's objectives - because from where i'm sitting, I think the Trust needs to do far more than they currently are. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Nothing wrong with being polite. The questions are there to be answered. Addresses the issues and should an answer not be forthcoming then The Trust have the right to escalate their action. Well done.
  • Options
    Brilliant! Good direct questions
  • Options

cafc999 said:

I am normally critical of the trust but they replied to yesterday's worthless 'statement' very well. However, the response does need to be issued as an official press release to the same press that the club used.

Play them at there own game.

Thanks. Press is being worked on as we speak.

then you should put on your web site what you intend to do with these excellent questions, not leave it to us to guess, after all not all fans read CL
  • Options
    Suggest this is sent to the ES as a follow up to Murrays piece yesterday. We deserve the right of reply.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

Why does the Trust "welcome" the rubbish that was spouted?

This. Beyond belief.

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

braydex said:

A waste of time. The questions are far too polite and will be ignored by the club. What will we see from the trust in say.....2 weeks time, if they have not received a response from the club? A statement asking the club why they didn't respond to the trust? A polite letter to the club asking the same questions that they didn't initially get answers to? I'm sorry, but this failed experiment by RD & Co. has also raised questions about what the Trust does, it's purpose, it's objectives - because from where i'm sitting, I think the Trust needs to do far more than they currently are. Just my opinion.

Personally, I feel that the Trust has to remain polite if it is to have any chance of influencing the club in any way. Being aggressive or impolite isn't going to get them anywhere. It's fair enough for individual fans or large groups of individual fans to act more emotionally and passionately, but as a representative body, which aspires to be taken seriously I feel that the Trust is acting in the only way it can. I feel sure that the first draft of those questions wasn't so polite! :-)
    Exactly! And we should remember that the club's statement was not produced because of last Saturday's protests but because of the media coverage of the protests. Therefore it's important that the Trust's response is presented in a media-friendly way, even though, like most people, I would ask the questions somewhat more direct !
  • Options
    Good that it is being sent to press; should be an open letter. Also think it works better without a deadline. In the meantime protests must go on and be stepped up. Pressure from all angles in all ways. Little has ever been gained by stopping dialogue.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Sorry but I find this further approach for dialogue as divisive. It splits the fans between those who want new owners and who are getting all the publicity and gains and the Trust who still it appears still want the owners just to adjust things with them as advisors.
    What if the club answered the questions fully? What difference would it make?

It's just being polite (no harm in that) and while Murray missed some massive issues he did explain the club's thinking in other areas. We not approve, but unlike Meire and RD at least he has spoken.

It does matter that we know where the club stands and that the board answers questions. With issues such as Fraeye, the lack of any certainty fuels discontent. If Murray has said Fraeye is in place to the end of the season, then at least we can stop wondering (and it would also show we had been lied to).

That he did not even address the two big grievances he had to be aware of after Saturday's protest (Meire and the manager) just underlines how out of touch the club is and how much he has sold out and is willing to try to remain a figure the fans can trust. I would suggest that the reason he did discuss these points is that he knows the answers (they are here for as long as Roland wants) would only antagonise people more. Sadly, that's just what he has done anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

Sorry but I find this further approach for dialogue as divisive. It splits the fans between those who want new owners and who are getting all the publicity and gains and the Trust who still it appears still want the owners just to adjust things with them as advisors.
    What if the club answered the questions fully? What difference would it make?

I agree with this.
    For all it had to do with the current predicament we're in he might has well have responded to the "questions" posed with his mums Christmas pudding recipe.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I think those questions should be on the billboards close to the ground, with a tick box (and a date) next to each one for when they are responded to...

Happy to help with any press release strategy - am planning a quiet day in the office ;-)

edit: well done trust.
  • Options

I think those questions should be on the billboards close to the ground, with a tick box (and a date) next to each one for when they are responded to...

Happy to help with any press release strategy - am planning a quiet day in the office ;-)

edit: well done trust.

And what difference would it make if they were answered. Even if they were fully honestly answered. None. If no answers protest and if honest answers protest.
  • Options
    perfectly surmised @RodneyCharltonTrotta

• Options
    For all those knocking the Trust (and I am not part of it), surely at times like this we are best having as many voices hammering at the door as possible? We cannot all behave in the same way. We (the fans) can, and should, protest and chant etc ... that doesn't mean other approaches through other channels are not just as effective.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

For all those knocking the Trust (and I am not part of it), surely at times like this we are best having as many voices hammering at the door as possible? We cannot all behave in the same way. We (the fans) can, and should, protest and chant etc ... that doesn't mean other approaches through other channels are not just as effective.

I agree.

Rodney has summed it up that there can be different approaches.

I'm very pleased the Trust has stepped up and is now asking for specific answers to specific questions and not just for dialogue. It is what a lot of people having been suggesting for sometime.

I still think there should be a cut off point/deadline, whether that is made public or not, where the Trust says "Right, you haven't responded so we move to the next stage of campaigning".
  • Options
    @kentred2 I don't believe that they will answer the questions...the point of the billboard would be to embarrass them and remind them (and other, so far less engaged, supporters) of the deafening silence coming from them... If they were to ever actually answer them, then we would have more info to go on and act appropriately but yes, I still ultimately want them gone....this would hopefully speed things up...
  • Options
    Billboards must happen in my view and could/should be priority for funds raised, happy to help if needed (drop me an in)