Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The pen is mightier than the sword

If the adage "The pen is mightier than the sword" is even partially correct then surely we Addicks fans are halfway toward winning our war against the owner and his puppets.

The quality of some of the writing from our fans recently has been nothing short of excellent, whether blog posts, open letters, press articles or simply posts on Charlton Life (I haven't looked at the other board). Articulate, well thought-out, intelligent and, most importantly, to the point.

A recent excellent post by @Grapevine49 has prompted me to write this post but AFKA, Inspector Sands, Airman Brown, trust representatives, Kyle Andrews, my old mate Chicago Addick and many more (I can't remember all of them) have all penned some very pertinent and interesting items.

Charlton's official response, Richard Murray's written "question and answer" session, is like a cheap tabloid piece in comparison, failing to address any of the key issues. 1-0 to the fans on this front!

It's great that we have so many talented writers, and I know some are at the very least semi-professional but others really are writing from the heart. I like to think it's the Charlton way: organised protest combined with words that should make people sit up and think. I'm sure that other clubs in a similar position might act in the same way but I really do think our fans are the best when it comes to dealing with adversity and despite currently sweltering with temperatures in the high thirties, a piece of me would love to be in cold, wet Southeast London joining the 2%.

Keep up the good work, guys.

Comments

• Options
    You try telling that to the 3 musketeers!
  • Options
    We do have some fantastically articulate fans who are able to turn their passion into well written and thoughtful pieces. We don't have the nutters, we have the writers !