Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seb Lewis

Comments

• Options
    Utmost respect to you Seb.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Brilliant support. Well done
  • Options
    Fantastic achievement by Seb.

Great that the club acknowledged it, but just felt that they could have made a little more of it for him. A signed shirt was nice but they could have framed it for him. Some sort of engraved award would have been suitable as well.

It must of taken him something like 18-20 seasons going home and away to achieve this feat which is incredible!

The worm is cringe worthy though! :-)
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Fantastic achievement by Seb.

Great that the club acknowledged it, but just felt that they could have made a little more of it for him. A signed shirt was nice but they could have framed it for him. Some sort of engraved award would have been suitable as well.

It must of taken him something like 18-20 seasons going home and away to achieve this feat which is incredible!

The worm is cringe worthy though! :-)

Love Seb doing the worm. He's the best. Top man - well done.
  • Options
    Well done Seb. Serious effort.
  • Options
    What’s the story with the bags ? Camping holiday straight after ?
  • Options
    Blinding... Well done... Had a look on the thread but can't find, what was the first game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congratulations Seb, fantastic
  • Options

Well done fella.....incidentally, does he post on here?

Yes.
  • Options
    Fantastic effort, well done.
  • Options
    redcarter said:

Blinding... Well done... Had a look on the thread but can't find, what was the first game?

I'm fairly sure it was the 97-98 play offs season.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

redcarter said:

Think Huddersfield at home 98 bright scored
  • Options
    Nothing short of outstanding. Proper Charlton.
  • Options
    King of the big hitters
  • Options
    Legend, well done Seb.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

redcarter said:

Think Huddersfield at home 98 bright scored
    I'm sure i read the last one he missed was Wolves away in the cup midweek in '98. The game Muscat ended Matty Holmes' career. Anyway, I was there so that's my Charlton claim to fame, being at the last game Seb missed.
  • Options
    Which game was his first in this sequence and will he now think "fuck it, done the thousand now I'm gonna miss a few?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I think I've heard that if Seb now boycotts,Roland will sell...!!!

• Options
    question is, will he just carry on for 2000? 3000? Until he's 90 and in an old peoples home?

• Options

question is, will he just carry on for 2000? 3000? Until he's 90 and in an old peoples home?

I think an asylum is more likely than an old people’s home. :smiley:
  • Options
    Still got a way to go to beat these two. It's an old article from 2014 so god knows what they're up to now.

Football fan Phil Beeton was attending his 2,000th consecutive Leeds United league match.

On Tuesday evening the 61-year-old, from Garforth, West Yorkshire, celebrated the milestone when he travelled to the other side of the country to watch his beloved team play AFC Bournemouth.

Mr Beeton's run began 29 years earlier.

"It was a game against Manchester City in March 1967 - it was round about the 18th of March, I think," he said.

"All those games at that time always seemed the same. It was the great Don Revie team and we just expected a win."

Over 48 seasons his dedication to Leeds United has outlived 20 managers there, not including the caretaker managers in between.

Between 1968 and 1992 Leeds won four league titles, as well as enjoying success in the FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield and Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.

Ever since, however, the trophy cabinet has remained largely empty.

In 2004, just three years after reaching the Champions League semi-finals, the club was relegated to the Championship, where it has remained. Even worse, it then spent a spell in the third tier of English football between 2007 and 2010.

Despite the trials and tribulations, Mr Beeton remains committed.

"I love supporting Leeds as much as I did on day one," he says.

Mr Beeton's unwavering support has also been recognised by the Football League who named him Capital One Supporter Of The Year in January.

A fan of another club - Mark Goodwin - shares that dedication.

The 50-year-old Aston Villa fan has attended 1,568 consecutive domestic league and cup games since 1980.

Mark from Sutton Coldfield, has been supporting Aston Villa since 1972. The self-employed design engineer from Sutton Coldfield has even in the past flown home from a family holiday in Portugal to catch a plane to Iceland to watch his beloved club play.

He has also shelled out £400 for the number plate V111A MG.

But, he says, his devotion revolves around more than just a weekly dose of the beautiful game.

"It's not just the football, it's the whole day out - from a few drinks before the game to meeting the opposition fans," he says.
  • Options
    Any Charlton supporter who has done a lot of home matches in a row longer then 30 years?.
  • Options

Remarkable achievement, not only for the money and time spent but also for the pain he must've endured, especially in the last 4-5 years.

I assume not, but does Seb post on here?

He does, I’m pretty sure he does, so he will be reading all these.

Well done Seb, proper Charlton.

• Options
    Proper Charlton. Long may he continue his travels.
  • Options

Still got a way to go to beat these two. It's an old article from 2014 so god knows what they're up to now.

Football fan Phil Beeton was attending his 2,000th consecutive Leeds United league match.

On Tuesday evening the 61-year-old, from Garforth, West Yorkshire, celebrated the milestone when he travelled to the other side of the country to watch his beloved team play AFC Bournemouth.

Mr Beeton's run began 29 years earlier.

"It was a game against Manchester City in March 1967 - it was round about the 18th of March, I think," he said.

"All those games at that time always seemed the same. It was the great Don Revie team and we just expected a win."

Over 48 seasons his dedication to Leeds United has outlived 20 managers there, not including the caretaker managers in between.

Between 1968 and 1992 Leeds won four league titles, as well as enjoying success in the FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield and Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.

Ever since, however, the trophy cabinet has remained largely empty.

In 2004, just three years after reaching the Champions League semi-finals, the club was relegated to the Championship, where it has remained. Even worse, it then spent a spell in the third tier of English football between 2007 and 2010.

Despite the trials and tribulations, Mr Beeton remains committed.

"I love supporting Leeds as much as I did on day one," he says.

Mr Beeton's unwavering support has also been recognised by the Football League who named him Capital One Supporter Of The Year in January.

A fan of another club - Mark Goodwin - shares that dedication.

The 50-year-old Aston Villa fan has attended 1,568 consecutive domestic league and cup games since 1980.

Mark from Sutton Coldfield, has been supporting Aston Villa since 1972. The self-employed design engineer from Sutton Coldfield has even in the past flown home from a family holiday in Portugal to catch a plane to Iceland to watch his beloved club play.

He has also shelled out £400 for the number plate V111A MG.

But, he says, his devotion revolves around more than just a weekly dose of the beautiful game.

"It's not just the football, it's the whole day out - from a few drinks before the game to meeting the opposition fans," he says.

Not easy getting tickets for Leeds away games as they nearly always sell their full allocation,