Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kenneth Yao

U18 centre Half has been given a new Contract. Good player who can also play full back.

Comments

• Options
    I really like him and Ezri Konsa. Both very good defenders
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What age is he DP, and do you think he'll play in the first team this season?
  • Options
    Well done sir. The hard work was worth it.

Good surname for a song as well. All helps.
  • Options

What age is he DP, and do you think he'll play in the first team this season?

If he does play in the first team this season (and given what is happening around us right now that is not as outlandish as it might first sound) what are the odds he will get sold at the end of it!?!!!
  • Options
    I think he is seventeen, I don't think he will play in the first team this season.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yao could be a Chinese name so I got all excited and thought maybe he was of Chinese descent before seeing his photo on the official site....
  • Options
    Question is, is he better than Mambo at that age?
  • Options
    I assumed he was half Chinese with that name
  • Options
    Good luck to Kenneth Yao on signing for the Addicks!
    Hope you enjoy your development with us and become a 1st team player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As usual dickplum calls it right. I like both Yao and Konsa,and also agree that our Academy produces players comfortable on the ball. Under the first team is where what is good about our football can be found.
  • Options
    Cheers for the update Dick - sounds like a good prospect and has a brilliant name !
  • Options

Yao could be a Chinese name so I got all excited and thought maybe he was of Chinese descent before seeing his photo on the official site....

Not content with buying half the real estate in London now the Chinese want to acquire our footballers too !
  • Options
    seth plum said:

As usual dickplum calls it right. I like both Yao and Konsa,and also agree that our Academy produces players comfortable on the ball. Under the first team is where what is good about our football can be found.

Definately seems like that Seth, bit controversial I know but if those youngsters can all come through together maybe RD's 'plan' could work...that said maybe all this will just lead to flogging the best ones of to the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal...and hate to say it Palace.
  • Options
    It is tricky.
    A few years ago we had a really promising player called The Vinh Nguyen (might have spelt his name wrong), played for England at various levels, then melted away. I next encountered him whilst reffing a Sunday league fixture where he was playing for a Sunday clubs 'B' team.
    The progress of young players is a bit of an art, and agents and owners who only see then for their monetary worth are self serving arses.
    We have good players, and people like Steve Avory know it, football people like Sam Bone's dad know it, but they know it for its intricacies and pitfalls, and the balance of dreams verses reality, for the race between the physical and mental in a young players development, learning balanced with experience.
    dickplumb knows all this stuff very well too.
    I suppose I am talking about making the garden grow not just harvesting the crop.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It is tricky.
    A few years ago we had a really promising player called The Vinh Nguyen (might have spelt his name wrong), played for England at various levels, then melted away. I next encountered him whilst reffing a Sunday league fixture where he was playing for a Sunday clubs 'B' team.
    The progress of young players is a bit of an art, and agents and owners who only see then for their monetary worth are self serving arses.
    We have good players, and people like Steve Avory know it, football people like Sam Bone's dad know it, but they know it for its intricacies and pitfalls, and the balance of dreams verses reality, for the race between the physical and mental in a young players development, learning balanced with experience.
    I suppose I am talking about making the garden grow not just harvesting the crop.

sam bone has great stats on football manager... is he the next big thing from our academy?
  • Options

seth plum said:

It is tricky.

sam bone has great stats on football manager... is he the next big thing from our academy?
    It is always hard to predict the next big thing. Sam certainly looks to me to have a chance, a very good chance of making it.
    I am surprised (unless I missed it) that nobody has commented on Oliver Muldoon going to Dagenham on loan for the rest of the season.
  • Options

Thing is. Konsa is seriously richer than Yao

'considerably' - sorry to be pedantic.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    This, Am I the only one who has liked Muldoon when i've seen him play? I have always been supprised he hasn't gone out on loan sooner, Give him a year or two and he could be worth holding on too
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

It is tricky.

It is always hard to predict the next big thing. Sam certainly looks to me to have a chance, a very good chance of making it.
    I am surprised (unless I missed it) that nobody has commented on Oliver Muldoon going to Dagenham on loan for the rest of the season.
    This, Am I the only one who has liked Muldoon when i've seen him play? I have always been supprised he hasn't gone out on loan sooner, Give him a year or two and he could be worth holding on too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOAN WATCH | Good luck to academy graduate @Ollie_Muldoon, who starts for @Dag_RedFC against @Everton at Goodison Park this afternoon. #cafc
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

It is tricky.

That was mentioned on DR KISH....1st game Everton away.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

It is tricky.

He did go to Gillingham on loan and didn't go to good.
  • Options

seth plum said:

It is tricky.

I'm firmly in the Sam bone fan club and think he could go very far. Excellent with both feet, very big and strong. For me just needs a yard of pace and could be seriously special