Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraud Warning!

The BBC have run the following story about a scam which has been given the name of CEO Fraud.

PLEASE do not confuse this scam with the current state of our beloved club where we have a wannabe lawyer masquerading as a CEO.

These are two entirely different scenarios. Be warned and please don't fall for either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35250678

Comments

• It's unbelievable how many people fall for these scams.

This company managed to get their €100k back but how many average Joe's lose everything.

scum bag fraudsters
  • Very easy to fall for. I had a client that did, very very sad.
  • edited January 2016
    A client of mine received a PDF from me which contained an invoice. In transit between us, the invoice had been edited and contained different bank details. Fortunately, my client asked why the account number had changed.
  • A client of mine received a PDF from me which contained an invoice. In transit between us, the invoice had been edited and contained different bank details. Fortunately, my client asked why the account number had changed.

I work for an international payments/forex company and the amount of clients who pay to 'new' bank instructions one of their Chinese suppliers has sent them is frightening. Unfortunately as soon as the funds hit that account they are taken out and are lost forever. Had one client lose 220k even after we said to check if bank details really changed from China to Indonesia but of course he couldn't be bothered to phone his supplier and paid anyway and wonders why we can't reimburse him. And these are presumably intelligent people running their own businesses.
  • Oops, opened this thinking it was another Carol Fraeye thread.
  • edited January 2016
    Could this be a means of fundraising for the trust to buy out RD?
  • we've got a few 'players' and 'officials' at CAFC masquerading as football people (yes I know it's an old play on words)