Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

American addicks

Come on guys buy your powerball lottery tickets $800m prize.

Win and you could be the new owners!

Comments

• Options
    Nah, and pay all that tax!!
  • Options
    50 million in real money here in the UK tonight.
  • Options
    If I win am going to make RD an offer he cannot refuse.
  • Options
    I told my wife I would buy CAFC if I win !
  • Options
    But if I won it would only be $242m after tax
  • Options
    900 million I've just heard, dads bought 4, I'm off to buy one as well
  • Options

Got mine, KM picking the chewing gum out of the urinals by Monday.....
  • Options
    Nobody won, so Wednesday the Jackpot will be 1.3 BILLION dollars!!!!!!!
  • Options
    You have to pay tax on lottery wins in the States ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Would be about one third.
    Cash value probably about 900,000, less the tax. To get the 1.3B you'd take payment over 20 years, and pay the tax as you go.
    I'm no accountant, but I'm not far off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Yep. It's all earned income, so just under 40% to the Feds at the top rate, plus any state tax
  • Options

S H 1 T, I live in France ya see
  • Options
    Just fly over and you can play.

It is illegal to do online but nothing to stop foreigners from buying tickets if in one of the states or territories that are part of the powerballl
  • Options

If I win am going to make RD an offer he cannot refuse.

Are you going to send these guys to Belgium, after him?

• Options

se9addick said:

Yep. It's all earned income, so just under 40% to the Feds at the top rate, plus any state tax
    Still can't believe we live in a country where the top income tax bracket is 39.6% and we think the Government is out to get us...
  • Options
    Amazing isn't it. Look at is this way - to get into the 40% bracket in the UK you need to earn £32,000. Let's call that $50,000, which is a bit generous.

To get in the 39.6% bracket, you need to have $415,050 of taxable income.

• Options
    Yes and in exchange for that you get a centralized Government provides far more services than ours. If you look at what is spent on healthcare along, what we (cumulatively) spend to attempt to bridge the gap in coverage (let alone quality of care) probably evens it out.
  • Options
    Just to update, the jackpot is now 1.5 BILLION dollars for tonight's drawing.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It would be great if one of you won and bought the club. Personally, the last thing I would do is buy a football club - throw millions of pounds at it and if it goes tits-up you face a barrage of abuse from mere "customers", no thanks! :smile:
  • Options
    Could you write to Obama about the state of our club. Long shot but worth a try and if enough of you write he may get
    involved and weigh in.

I'll get in touch with those CAFC Moscow chaps and ask them to pen Putin a few lines.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

It would be great if one of you won and bought the club. Personally, the last thing I would do is buy a football club - throw millions of pounds at it and if it goes tits-up you face a barrage of abuse from mere "customers", no thanks! :smile:

Don't think any of us would do a worse job than the current lot. I'd be on the next plane over.
  • Options

Could you write to Obama about the state of our club. Long shot but worth a try and if enough of you write he may get
    involved and weigh in.

I'll get in touch with those CAFC Moscow chaps and ask them to pen Putin a few lines.

When I wrote to The President about the child support guidelines, I got a response thanking me for my interest in the school lunch program.