Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: FACR3. Colchester v Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pope 5
    Charles-Cook 2
    Johnson 2
    Sarr 3
    Fox 2
    Poyet 2
    Moussa 1
    Cousins 2
    Ceballos 2
    Makienok1
    Reza 3
    Vetokele 1
    Williams 2
    Vaz Te 1

• Options
    Pope- 7 Good performance, without which we would have lost by a lot more
    Charles-Cook- 5 Underperformed, although he did improve in the last 20 minutes
    Johnson- 5 Not as assured as I was expecting
    Sarr- 2 Truly abysmal performance. I hope he never wears the shirt again
    Fox- 6 A few mistakes but much better overall
    Poyet- 6 His class didn't really shine through today
    Moussa- 5 Only seemed to come to life in the last 20 minutes
    Cousins- 6 Showed more commitments than certain of his team-mates
    Ceballos- 4 Contributed very little
    Makienok- 4 Again, contributed little, but what manager plays a 6'7" striker out on the wing!
    Reza- 5 Didn't do much right other than score the goal!
    Vetokele- 6 Short of match fitness, but he did try.
    Williams- 6 Looked very composed at the back (after Johnson went off). Just what we need.
    Vaz Te- 6 Seemed to add something to an attack which was sadly lacking
  • Options
    Pope- 8 I can't believe some of the scores some of you are giving him. Two top saves in the first half, one with his hands, one with his feet, to keep the score respectable, and another good save in the second. I'm not sure what else he could have done with the defence parting like the Red Sea in front of him...

Charles-Cook- 4 Was all over the pitch, but not in a good way. Was he right back, or left back. Clearly has skill, but no discipline.

Johnson- 4 Did nothing of any great note. Slow, and no help to the rest of the team.

Sarr- 5 Not as bad as some make out. Looked comfortable on the ball and was being pulled out wide by the lack of support from the full backs.

Fox- 5.5 The best of a poor defence. More disciplined than the rest, and at least looked like he cared.

Poyet- 5 Nothing to speak of. Plenty of passing, but nothing penetrative. West Ham seem to have taught him how NOT to tackle.

Moussa- 4 Wild and unpredictable until the last 15 minutes, when he looked decent on the right. Supplied the cross for the goal.

Cousins- 5 Tried manfully to provide some energy to a lethargic team until his injury.

Ceballos- 5 Has bags of skill and 2 good feet. Looked dangerous until substituted. I can only assume it is down to an injury.

Makienok- 5 Showed an incredible lack of confidence. He is not helped by the fact that his flicks/knock-ons are not anticipated by his team mates.

Reza- 7 The stats will probably show he ran farther than all the rest of his team mates put together. Hit a number of superb passes when dropping deep in the second half. Perhaps he and Jacko could teach the rest of our strikers how to head the ball. You will not see a better header than his goal this season. Power, and right in the top corner.

Vetokele- 5 Looked a little short of match fitness, but no denying his determination. Probably a game too soon.

Williams- 6 Made a difference when he came on. Looked assured, and he and Sarr actually looked like a defensive pairing.

Vaz Te- 6 Also made a difference. When he came on we looked far more dangerous and direct.
  • Options
    Pope- 7 Excellent game, they could have scored 5, but for Pope
    Charles-Cook- 4.5 nowhere near ready for league football, as proved by Colchester rinsing him.
    Johnson- 5 Not fit and very slow. Let's hope he can get up to speed.
    Sarr- 3 Without doubt one of the worst defenders for Charlton in 40 years. Clueless and shockingly awful as usual.
    Fox- 4.5 Usual Fox game, very poor. Colchester level is too good for him.
    Poyet- 6 I thought he had a decent game. Kept the ball & passed to Charlton players. No one else is capable.
    Moussa- 3 So poor I didn't realise he was playing for 30 mins. Did zip and bottled any 50/50's.
    Cousins- 5 Just about ok, before he was crocked.
    Ceballos- 4 Anonymous.
    Makienok- 4 I've defended him, but I'll admit I was wrong. He just looks hopeless & getting worse.
    Reza- 5 Put in effort, but fell over a lot & barged the oppo over, the rest of the time.
    Vetokele- 5 Not fit, but we knew that.
    Williams- 5 Hmm, not sure, but he does look like a footballer at least.
    Vaz Te- 4 He's just not trying. Maybe as he's a forward, it may be worth playing him up front ?

• Options
    Pope- 6
    Charles-Cook- 5
    Johnson- 2
    Sarr- 3
    Fox- 4
    Poyet- 5
    Moussa- 4
    Cousins- 5
    Ceballos- 5
    Makienok- 4
    Reza- 5