Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should we boycott games? My view is

First time contributor so if I have done something wrong be gentle with me !
I have been a reader of the comments on this site for some time and a fan for 50 years. This is my first contribution. I really believe everything we do in terms of activity and actions should be to the theme of “support the team not the regime”. It’s clear from the majority of the players body language, attitude, interviews & tweets they are as unhappy with the situation as we are. Should we boycott games? My view is no If you have a season ticket they already have your money, but let’s make sure as little as possible additional spend goes to the Regime. Don’t buy anything from the club shop. Stop buying programmes. I did this last season partly because my garage could not take any more (why can’t we just throw them out like an out of date menu ) and partly superstition. The first time I didn't buy a programme we won. I never use the stadium catering and if everyone else followed suit I am sure the franchises would start to reconsider renewing their contracts. There are plenty of food and beverage outlets around the ground that I am sure would support a “support the team not the regime” campaign, because in the short term it will bring new customers but in the long term it will protect their business. Any business that was around in the prem days must have seen the impact on takings of dropping a division. If we drop again KM will be able to add to her CV the closure of a former premier league club and many local business.

How do we keep the momentum / pressure going ? For the last few games leading up to Forest at home I was beginning to lose the will to live. But standing on the stairs behind the west stand and watching the “2%” pour in to the west stand car park from the north and east stand made me feel proud to be a CAFC fan again. So here is a suggestion that kills two birds with one stone why not have a sponsored chant throughout the next home game. I will start the ball rolling for each minute the fans sing/chant a “pro team anti regime” song there will be a pound a minute from me to the CL fighting fund. I remember Pompey fans chanting for their team at the Valley for what seemed like the whole game without pausing for breath, even when we scored. I will even move from my library seat/row in the west stand to join the north stand choir.

I wrote this last night before today’s stoop to a new all time low. Having read some of your comments on today’s “performance” I think it could be about as effective as a CF tactics / motivation and too little too late. commiserations to 1800 you deserve a medal

Comments

• Options
    personally i back a boycott, turn up to charlton, stay in the pubs and stay outside the ground. Whether the OB will allow that i'm not sure. But protest and boycott. So there's people outside before the game, half time and full time.