Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

standard liege anti-duchatelet protest march

Sorry if this has been posted before, but found this video of the anti duchatelet protest march by the standard liege fans

https://youtu.be/P9r1IWgUj6Q

I am not suggesting that we break into our own ground like they did, and roland would not be there if we did, but the march we could do. Are flares and smoke bombs illegal outside the ground? im thinking probably. other protests included their "ultras" all walking in 5 minutes into the game, if we could get most of the north upper to do this it would be very powerful. they did also burn their own net by throwing flares onto the pitch during a game... Again I am not saying we do this either!

But ultimately even after all this roland refused to sell the club. Guy Luzon "quit" after the protest but nothing changed.

I fear that there is nothing we can do but stay away, until roland gets bored, or he no longer needs us to cover his loses from elsewhere.

Comments

• Options
    Did Leige fans purposely boycott or plan boycott at any point?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Did Leige fans purposely boycott or plan boycott at any point?

I don't think so, but I'll check. We (the Trust) are in constant contact with the Socios and right now getting a lot of help from them.

I think their attitude was pretty much 'support the team, not the regime". The truth is that their support in terms of actually turning up is much stronger than ours. As a club and as a city, they are much more like Newcastle or Leeds than a London club

• Options

Sorry if this has been posted before, but found this video of the anti duchatelet protest march by the standard liege fans

https://youtu.be/P9r1IWgUj6Q

I fear that there is nothing we can do but stay away, until roland gets bored, or he no longer needs us to cover his loses from elsewhere.

Hmmm, i wonder if there are some forensic financial analysts out there who might be able to highlight some financial transactions from the imminent publish of accounts that might be interesting to the Belgian press/Revenue that could make him squirm a bit?