Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just so people can see it again.....

Does anyone here actually think we are just 'customers'?

http://youtu.be/GGCeoxawIwE

Comments

• Options
    She ain't go
  • Options
    She ain't got a Fucking clue
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It's a far cry from hiding in a laundry basket eh Katrien.
    As if you would ever need to do that....
  • Options
    "A football club is for life not just for Christmasa business venture" I don't think she gets it.
  • Options
    Watched it again. The cinema and restaurant analogy is so inappropriate, isn't it? If you go and see a film, you know a lot about what's an offer. You've probably seen a trailer, you might have seen another in the franchise, you can read reviews, you know pretty much exactly what you are getting. If you go out for a meal, if it's a restaurant you've been to before, you know if the food is any good, and you probably know what you are going to choose to eat. If you order lasagne, curry, roast beef whatever, you know what you are going to get. If you don't enjoy the Cineworld or Harvester experience, you go to another cinema or eatery.

Football - not really the same is it? You go to Charlton because it is in your blood, you've probably been a supporter for years (even from birth). You don't know what is going to be served up on a match day, the result could be win, lose or draw. It is unpredictable. So...you can't predict the fare, and the compulsion to go is in the blood.

Not really like going to the cinema or a restaurant at all.

Muppet.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Watch the American guy next to her. He nods at first. Then at 10-seconds he realises where she's going with it, and in a split second you can see alarm bells start ringing
  • Options
    So surely if we are customers and don't get what we've paid for when we go to the valley and see the shite that's served up, under the trade description act could ask for a refund? If I go into a restaurant and have a crap meal I'm either not paying or they are knocking some money off the bill. How about we start paying per shots on target say £1 every time we test the keeper and everytime we concede a goal get £5 refunded. How about that Katrien you Cnut!
  • Options
    It is very weird ....... very very very weird ... weirder than weird - oh well off to division one we go
  • Options
    Something I've mentioned to a few people that is a bit away from the main point, but shouldn't she be a bit embarrassed that fans or 'customers' of the club are telling her to leave and not actually willing to discuss it openly at a conference. I can't think of many people that if they were being given bad feedback at work would openly tell people, let alone have it videoed and tell a room full of strangers and professionals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RD will replace her very soon.
    IMO
  • Options
    "It's very weird because they feel a sense of ownership"...
  • Options
    looking to rent my garage and just received this email

Hi John,

That’s great – thanks for confirming that your space is available.
    We’ll hopefully get a rental confirmed for you soon.

Kind regards,

Tiffany Chesson
    Head of Customer Happiness | YourParkingSpace.co.uk
    perhaps we could arrange a job swap for Katrien. love the job title !
  • Options
    This is our club! Us fans make Charlton Athletic football club!! Get it in your heads you Belgium nits
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Watch the American guy next to her. He nods at first. Then at 10-seconds he realises where she's going with it, and in a split second you can see alarm bells start ringing

Yes you can see a wtf in his expression :-)
  • Options
    The weirdest thing about the fans/customers issue is that she claims to have been a St Truiden supporter and "football nut" from the age of nine. Her remarks show that to be another example of her dishonesty. She has a bourgeois outsider's incomprehension of and distaste for the commitment of real fans to their clubs.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I have posted this in another thread that is basically dead but seems appropriate here too;
    What upsets me more than anything is the way that the lying puppet condescendingly calls us customers and basically ridicules us for the way we feel that it is 'our club', she then justifies her attitude by highlighting how much has allegedly been invested in the club by the mad man from Belgium, as if we should all be so grateful.
    What she fails to understand is that the investment we as fans have made in the club over all these years is probably just as great or possibly even more than him when looked at as a percentage of money spent to individual financial status. We invest a considerable percentage of our hard earned cash on supporting 'our club', we will never, nor do we expect to, see a financial return on the money we have invested. All we want in return is to watch half decent football, see players committed to the cause managed by someone who is qualified to do so and maybe every now and then have a shot at promotion to the promised land of mega wedge. Football without fans (sorry, customers) is nothing.
    Sadly none of us are blessed with the kind of fortune that RD has, but what the puppet master and puppet need to realise is that if any of us did we would be buying the club like a shot and hopefully running it a whole lot more successfully than they are, and with passion because we, unlike them, care so much.
  • Options
    If I was "just a customer" I would have fucked off months ago.
  • Options

The weirdest thing about the fans/customers issue is that she claims to have been a St Truiden supporter and "football nut" from the age of nine. Her remarks show that to be another example of her dishonesty. She has a bourgeois outsider's incomprehension of and distaste for the commitment of real fans to their clubs.

Does this come down to class, in the end?

There's a thread in this tbf
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It has a lot to do with class, but it's not her social class that's lacking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typist
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I don't mean social class in the traditional sense. You can never pigeon hole any individual in such a simple way these days. It's a one word way of explaining her supercilious mindset, based on her self-view as a business woman, intelligent, well educated, destined for higher things, cosmopolitan, urbane Belgian not English urban, etc.
  • Options
    To be honest there's probably a million stereotypes that all come together to explain exactly why Katrien doesn't understand a fans passion for a football club. If you look at Katrien, she is almost the antithesis of a football fan...

Put it this way, she is, for a million reasons, the last person you would expect to see at the Valley were it not her job to be there....
  • Options

Leuth said:

I don't mean social class in the traditional sense. You can never pigeon hole any individual in such a simple way these days. It's a one word way of explaining her supercilious mindset, based on her self-view as a business woman, intelligent, well educated, destined for higher things, cosmopolitan, urbane Belgian not English urban, etc.
    I have sometimes wondered whether my relative (and it is only relative) lack of anger about this regime stems from me 'needing' CAFC less than others, due to my privileged upbringing.

But then I consider that I moved to Charlton to be nearer The Valley, attend every home game and get glum as fuck when we lose, so probably I'm just a weird optimist contrarian after all.

There really is an interesting thread to have about non-committal bourgie engagement with the working person's game, but it would have to be sensitively argued. Football has the ability to obsess anyone.
  • Options
    We are more than customers
    Because without us paying to see OUR club the dumb bitcth wouldn't have a job or a club to try and run it
  • Options
    Ask yourself why she early on sticks in the bit about ticket income being one third 'of our revenue stream'.
    Statement of fact? (if it is even true)
    Or a way of saying that the fans are a minor consideration. This is all even before she thinks up the other stuff to say.
    To me it is indicative of the antipathy she has towards us, towards me, we only shovel in a third of their income so we should shut up until we are a force to be reckoned with.

Who are these so called fans who only stump up a third of or money? Don't these fans know their place?