Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Join the Family" but we are only customers? (One for Olly)

I'm not blaming the media team as they only do as there told

But how can KM turn round on TV and say football fans are like customers but then advertise a season ticket like we are a family (which we are, fans are like one) customers who visit a restraunt barely know other people there and you don't see them chatting to there mates on the other tables 45 mins into there meal

Another example of how truly messed up there business plan is

katrine miere she aint got a clue

Comments

• Options
    Marketing is essentially just bullshit. They say anything they think people want to hear to encourage them to buy their product. I wouldn't think about it too deeply.
  • Options
    I can kinda understand the "customer" phrase. I once was a Charlton fan, the passion burning within, butterflies on a Saturday, upset all weekend if we lost.

The passion no longer burns thanks to the current regime. I now consider myself a "customer", one that doesn't like the current set-up. As a customer, I choose where to go and in what environment to spend my money. My "customer experience" at Charlton does not currently include going to that "store". A real shame, but a real fact.
  • Options
    We're a family but daddy pays for everything so has the last say is her mindset. We're all his children as she said remember. It's a warped cult not a football club now apparently.
  • Options

I'm not blaming the media team as they only do as there told

But how can KM turn round on TV and say football fans are like customers but then advertise a season ticket like we are a family (which we are, fans are like one) customers who visit a restraunt barely know other people there and you don't see them chatting to there mates on the other tables 45 mins into there meal

Another example of how truly messed up there business plan is

katrine miere she aint got a clue

Indeed she hasn't got a clue, but in truth the only time she has mentioned the word customers was to say ' Charlton supporters don't like to see themselves as customers'

• Options
    Olly works in the Comms team.

He doesn't work in the marketing team.
  • Options
    When a customer complains in a restaurant the management will normally come and speak to them, not hide from them. In that way we're nothing like customers in restaurants
  • Options
    When a customer goes to a restaurant and has a bad meal/ experience they complain and if not satisfied with the response they can choose to not return, is she saying that we should do that?
    If so, The Valley will be empty on match days in no time....
  • Options

I'm not blaming the media team

Then don't drag one of them into your rant about Katrien Meire and the marketing team.
  • Options

Marketing is essentially just bullshit. They say anything they think people want to hear to encourage them to buy their product. I wouldn't think about it too deeply.

This is why, since my little team were pulled into a marketing team, that I work from home at every opportunity. I can sell my souls for the corporate dollar, but I can't sit in a room surrounded by the people who love it. Absolute schmucks.