Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I have made my decision.

At 78 I have had football running through my blood since I was 8 years old. At 17 I met my wife, and her Brother introduced me to Charlton, I was hooked. I will never, subject to my health stop watching Charlton, and supporting the team, nor will I abuse the players.
For the last two years I have grown to despise the owner, and to dislike intensely his puppets, now very sadly including Mr. Murray. I have thrown complaints, criticism and insults at them, but not any more. I have now to accept that while this megalomaniac owns our Club with his complete lack of knowledge of the beautiful game, and determination that everyone must obey him, we will slide from one ludicrous decision to another.
What I will not do is to give my money to to him apart from my season ticket. No programme, certainly no 14 chips in a box or a spoonful of Bovril in hot water costing pounds for me. Anything that you younger guys can throw at these Belgian fools, not literally of course, that is done sensibly I will support the best I can. Roland, Katrien, Richard, and all your dozy Coaches ( allegedly ), get the hell out of our Club.

Comments

• Options
    It's going to be a long, hard campaign, but we will get them out. No matter how emotionally draining every game might be now, or the fact that we might have to stay and protest after every home game, I'm in for the long haul. I look forward to Blackburn at home and adding a few 100 to the protests.

The results will continue to be shit, that will eventually make their position untenable and I cannot wait to make life as uncomfortable for them as possible
  • Options
    Granpa said:

At 78 I have had football running through my blood since I was 8 years old. At 17 I met my wife, and her Brother introduced me to Charlton, I was hooked. I will never, subject to my health stop watching Charlton, and supporting the team, nor will I abuse the players.
    For the last two years I have grown to despise the owner, and to dislike intensely his puppets, now very sadly including Mr. Murray. I have thrown complaints, criticism and insults at them, but not any more. I have now to accept that while this megalomaniac owns our Club with his complete lack of knowledge of the beautiful game, and determination that everyone must obey him, we will slide from one ludicrous decision to another.
    What I will not do is to give my money to to him apart from my season ticket. No programme, certainly no 14 chips in a box or a spoonful of Bovril in hot water costing pounds for me. Anything that you younger guys can throw at these Belgian fools, not literally of course, that is done sensibly I will support the best I can. Roland, Katrien, Richard, and all your dozy Coaches ( allegedly ), get the hell out of our Club.

Fair play Grandpa.
  • Options
    I'm not being funny but we get these emotional posts every 2 hours.

When you've read 56 of them, they begin to get annoying
  • Options
    Grandpa is a wise man
  • Options
    Well said Granpa
  • Options

• Options
    PL54 -> P45
  • Options

PL54 -> P45

Hi Di Hi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take no notice Grandpa - Well said indeed.
  • Options

At least you finally realise how not to get annoyed - by not opening them in the first place.
  • Options

At least you finally realise how not to get annoyed - by not opening them in the first place.
    I find it hilarious that he's been counting!
  • Options
    Granpar (Tony)
    Still as articulate as ever. And good to see you still care and hate what is happening
    to our proud (once) club. Keep the faith and keep posting here and anywhere else you can find.
    It’s the stories like ours and some of the other “emotional” posts I have seen like the excellent open letter to KM from the lady who refs at Sparrows Lane that proper fans and proper football media can relate to.

JT
    yes JT Ex of FCBS
  • Options
    Well said. And if Fraeye gets fired, unless finally RD and KM hire someone befitting out club and not another one of their puppets, the protests must continue. Actually, they continue until the gang of three are gone
  • Options
    I will not be spending any of my hard earned cash until fraye and the Belgians are out of our club for good it breaks my heart to see CHARLTON in such a mess we should have seen the signs when Roland appointed km to run the club did she even see a football match before she got the job with us I doubt it.
  • Options
    Trouble is even if they where to higher a really top manager and brought loads of Championship players in i don't think I could ever trust or get behind this regime again .How very low and sad I have sunk all of us have.
  • Options
    Grandpa is right. I too don't like the food at this restaurant anymore. The head chef can't cook, his second chef is out of his depth, the maitre d' is rude and incompetent.
    The menus, premises and staff need to be freshened up and relaunched.
    I'm off to the cinema.
  • Options
    Well said Grandpa, great post.

It utterly amazes me, not the number of these posts, but that there are still a significant number of fellow fans who either just think we are merely having a poor season or who actively think that the regime is better the devil you know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wise Addick, basically I will not allow this sad man to stop me enjoying my love of live football. I am not financially rich, but I guarantee that the love and laughter that has filled my life will leave me happier than this miserable so and so will ever be.
    Cafe Nick, if you hate raw emotion so much, what made you read another 56 entries ?
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Love it!
  • Options
    Granpa said:

The one thing that sets Grandpa apart from others is the fact that although he obviously can see what a mess we are in, BUT is still going to the games to support his team of 61 years! In my book exactly as it should be!

Support the team, not the regime, so don't boycott!
  • Options
    We sponsor a game every season, but won't do it this season. Cancelled my Valley Gold and now miss matches which would never have happened in the past. Lost my passion as has my family. Son who went home and away now missing home games through boredom. Sad, but true.
  • Options
    Jeez some backlash.