Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A message to supporters of Charlton Athletic from the family of Sailor Brown

I find this so sad-my dad Sailor Brown(past player) would be turning in his grave to see how his beloved club is slowly being killed by mis-management.....supporters of this club have every reason to be questioning the running of Charlton FC and other clubs I for one think things need to be changed asap.....

Julie Munro

Comments

• Him and many others must be turning in their graves right now. Very sad. We all need to get angry for a good cause.
  • Thanks for your support
  • Heartbreaking.
  • Very touching post. Your Dad was one of my Dad's favourite players and he too would be as deeply concerned.

Apart from ourselves and future generations, we all owe it to the memories of our lost loved ones to fight on and save our club from these faceless cronies dragging us into oblivion. Fight the good fight!
  • That was nice,I'm sure we fans will see better times.
  • I remember meeting Sailor Brown when we were trying to get back to the Valley , very smart chap and wearing a club blazer. One of my Dad's heroes
  • I met your father when I was involved with The Valley Party. A gentleman of the Old School. Solid and decent.
    Your message speaks volumes for his integrity and that of our football club.
  • Lovely post Julie.
    Your Dad was my Dad's favourite player bar none, he always told me that he was such a joy to watch in a Charlton shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• My grandfather met Sailor a number of times and always said he was his all time favourite outfield player (coming second overall to Sam Batram can't be bad!). I've got a picture somewhere of them both, they both came from the Great Yarmouth area with my grandfathers family all being lifeboatmen at Caister.

I think we owe it to everyone who's loved Charlton both past, present and those who will do so in the future to make sure the club has the future it deserves.

I'm sure the likes of Sailor & Batram are up there with their black & white scarfs on cheering us on much like the supporters cheered them on.

• Thanks for telling us.
  • Lovely post Julie.

I just hope our wonderful CEO doesn't see it..........................she'll find it weird.
  • Thanks for your supportive post, seems like a whole host of Addicks loving people have now come to the conclusion that this regime has to go for the good of OUR club!
  • From Sailor Brown to Airman Brown.

And everyone in between; the battles must be won.
  • From Sailor Brown to Airman Brown.

And everyone in between; the battles must be won.

Can't imagine Steve Brown's too thrilled either ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for all the comments, I'll see that Julie gets to see them.
  • KM "Who's Sailor Brown? Is he another of that trouble makers Rick's friends telling me that they can do my job better than me?"

Intern PR Guy from the PL "No, I looked him up and he was a famous old player. The Airman Brown is a jokey reference to him, I guess"

KM "Argh, the English sense of humour, puns, plays on words, I don't get it. Anyway, so not a customer and as he's dead not likely to be interested in my match day experience. Why should I care?"

Intern PR Guy from the PL "We'll it's more bad publicity and you've had enough of that already"

KM "That was before you told me your clever PR strategy of not saying anything at all so I can't make any more errors"

Intern PR Guy from the PL (whisper) "If only that were true"

KM "What did you say?"

Intern PR Guy from the PL "Nothing, now lets look at that email to the fans telling them about the group bookings, just need to check it over before it goes out"

KM "We've already sent it"

Intern PR Guy from the PL (bangs head on desk repeatedly)

Quite Brilliant !! and I worry that it's a true account of what KM is doing apart from deleting our e mails