Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is it time for the football league to step in

Surely the mismanagement by the owner must be suspicious to them, maybe they can call for an explanation of the aims and objectives of the regime.

Comments

• Is that the same Football League who passed RD under the fit and proper person test?
  • I don't think any laws have been broken or rules breached. Probably not much they can do at all unfortunately.
  • edited January 2016
    Blackpool were in a worse state than us and the FL did nothing
  • Totally agree. Duchbag and his lackeys are obviously not fit and proper people to be in control of a football club.
  • If and when RD sells up, is there any way we can get him banned from owning another football club in England?
  • Blackpool were in a worse state than us and the FL did nothing

Exactly what I was going to say.
  • If and when RD sells up, is there any way we can get him banned from owning another football club in England?

I was hoping he would sell us and buy Millwall or palarse
  • Blackpool were in a worse state than us and the FL did nothing

Actually they weren't. There may have been similar troubles between the owner/board and the fans, but at least they had a decent manager (Riga, then Clark)...
  • We had this bloody thread a couple of months ago, and nothing has changed since.

Please tell me what drug cartel he is running, that CAFC is a front for human trafficking, that he hasnt paid the tax man and gets backhanders from Brussels every other week, or that he has actually murdered every coach that he hires, and we may have a case.

Running a football club in a way the majority of fans disagree with doesn't fail the fit and proper persons test FFS
  • The league is all about competition, if a player is found not to be trying he would be dropped by his club and maybe sanctioned by the league, our club is not trying tor be competitive and it's now showing in the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:

Actually they weren't. There may have been similar troubles between the owner/board and the fans, but at least they had a decent manager (Riga, then Clark)...
    But Oyston kept none of the squad, no investment into the infrastructure etc. The football league will argue that RD has invested despite the shambles on the pitch.

They will do nothing.
  • Pedro45 said:

Difficult to compare... You've got to remember that the Oystons also refuse to spend any money whether it be on any players (They were all free transfers I recall) or on the Training Ground, our owners are spending money on the training ground and are investing in youth (which is probably a big green tick in the eyes of the Football League).

You also had the fiasco with the statue being removed from outside the ground.

The fact Blackpool hired an English Manager was probably the only thing that Oyston actually did right
  • Sadly, mismanagement is simply one way that teams end up near the top or the bottom of the table. We're going down because our owner has'nt a clue, but that's not illegal, it just helps Bristol City. MKD and the others around us, as Bolton going into admin might have saved ud if we had'nt clung on to Fry for so long.
  • sam3110 said:

We had this bloody thread a couple of months ago, and nothing has changed since.

Please tell me what drug cartel he is running, that CAFC is a front for human trafficking, that he hasnt paid the tax man and gets backhanders from Brussels every other week, or that he has actually murdered every coach that he hires, and we may have a case.

Running a football club in a way the majority of fans disagree with doesn't fail the fit and proper persons test FFS

Said to my Dad that surely there is some kind of fiddle going on, as no way would any businessman buy a 'company' and then completely run it into the ground and significantly lower it's value.
  • The league is all about competition, if a player is found not to be trying he would be dropped by his club and maybe sanctioned by the league, our club is not trying tor be competitive and it's now showing in the players.

Didn't Meire say in her Irish interview that "Winning isn't important in out business model"? Surely the League should at least query that. And, if they (management rather players) aren't trying to win, are they trying to lose?

What sort of odds, might RD get betting on Charlton to lose, week in, week out?

If we get relegated, would we be considered a bigger team, in League One and the odds on us losing improve?
  • Duchatelet is a fit and proper person under the test that is in place on the FL.

The test looks at your financial background (net worth, ability to cover losses, convictions etc) and Duchatelet passes that no problem.

Didn't Meire say in her Irish interview that "Winning isn't important in out business model"? Surely the League should at least query that. And, if they (management rather players) aren't trying to win, are they trying to lose?

What sort of odds, might RD get betting on Charlton to lose, week in, week out?

If we get relegated, would we be considered a bigger team, in League One and the odds on us losing improve?
    I'd be staggered if you could get any financially beneficial odds on us losing right now. The ability to 'cheat' at betting requires that something very unexpected happens. Now if RD is going to put a huge bet on us beating Hull then sign Messi and Ronaldo it could be suggested he is 'cheating' but I doubt you could find a bookie that would take your money for a Hull win at the weekend.
  • The Football league banned Cellino did they not? What did that change there? F all!