Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's not over yet!

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Is it? What if we beat.........

Oh it is over. Nevermind, we all knew it was coming although some of us tried to put a brave face on things.
I think after Reading I knew. No disrespect to them, Reading are an excellent club but we needed to beat them so much. It was what is known as a "Must Win" game in the football world.
I don't feel too bad at all. I've got that feeling of relief, the one you get when you've been dreading something for ages - like a parents evening when you were at school or an injection or a job interview - and in the end it's not half as bad as you had thought.
I am going to enjoy Anfield and I am going to enjoy next season as is new ST holder Even Younger Chirps who will join me and his brother Young Chirps on the road back to the big time.
As expected Young Chirps got emotional but held himself together, just watery eyes really. His first Prem match was a 4-0 win over Joe Royle's Citeh - dosen't that seem a long time ago? He is Charlton through and through, far more than his Dad, and he walked home with some mates discussing all the away matches he wants to go to next year.
Things aren't that bad. As long as we have Super Al we'll be OK.