Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time for Charlton players to speak out?

Much as I would like them to whole heartedly support the fans campaign, I don't believe this is ever likely to happen but perhaps it might be possible to persuade them to give a statement along the lines of:

"The current situation at the club is having adverse effect on the team and results. The players call on all sides to get together sort the conflict out to allow the team and the coaching staff to concentrate on improving our performances"

I think that this would be about the best that we could hope for but it would say much more simply because it would ratchet up the pressure. Some might be prepared to subscribe to this type of comment, perhaps?

Comments

• Options

Much as I would like them to whole heartedly support the fans campaign, I don't believe this is ever likely to happen but perhaps it might be possible to persuade them to give a statement along the lines of:

"The current situation at the club is having adverse effect on the team and results. The players call on all sides to get together sort the conflict out to allow the team and the coaching staff to concentrate on improving our performances"

I think that this would be about the best that we could hope for but it would say much more simply because it would ratchet up the pressure. Some might be prepared to subscribe to this type of comment, perhaps?

Who's to say that they have not already said this to KM, hence the Serbian coach not coming
  • Options
    Good point. It would be nice to know if they had though.
  • Options

Good point. It would be nice to know if they had though.

From what we gathered yesterday, somebody did.
  • Options
    No. It's time for them to start playing better.
  • Options
    Would you shout your mouth off about your employer to the press?
  • Options
    They could do in a passionate emotional burst, yes we'd all like to see that but really..

The smart thing to do for them, is just try and be professional as possible and just continue to get on with it, even if it stinks and it feels like your wasting your short lived football career playing for a weird foreign manager that knows less about football in general then you.

See through the dark times as publicly slagging off the owners wouldn't do the team any favours and this shit club we support needs to stay up. We have a crises if we are relegated ...and it will be extremely hard to repair that damage.

If one of them more then wanted to come out and slag off the regime then great but they won't get picked in the team again and if they are any good, that is our loss.

The team needs to unite and manage themselves unfortunately. Then in the summer I wouldn't blame a lot of them if they left.
  • Options
    Players can't or, rather, shouldn't just mouth off publicly. I suspect the situation is more complex anyhow. Reactions from players will be different. Some may feel the need to unite and fight, others will want to hide while some may just show no interest. Strange as it seems, we still have a chance to stay up thanks to the fact that there are a few other poor sides. The key for anyone coming in will to be find the strong group that are ready to fight and make it happen. And, if necessary, ruthlessly discard any disruptive or unenthusiastic players. That's a tall order with a small squad, particularly with the transfer window closing soon. If the likes of Jackson and Johnson were younger and our best players, we might have a chance, but, as it stands, things don't look good.
  • Options

Would you shout your mouth off about your employer to the press?

That's another Public Sector privilege
  • Options
    What's the honourable thing to do?

Mike Newell was honourable and spoke out against some atrocious goings on at Luton and he's never worked in football again. People probably tell him 'we were so glad you spoke out Mike' but that don't put food on his families table.

I'd love them to speak out by unfortunately I also know the realities of the world
  • Options
    Some fans can't be persuaded to not buy a half time pie, yet players are expected to kick off about the boss.. Can't have it both ways
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players need to get on and do their jobs. Nothing wrong with them making their thoughts known privately to the powers that be, but not publicly.