Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support The Team Not The Regime

I spent the last hour listening to the latest "Charlton Live", my thanks to Louis and the lads for the broadcast and always interesting content.

Having re-listened to Stephen Henderson's interview post-Huddersfield I think it's worth repeating the message given many times by many people on CL & other social media over the last while, the message is that the fans are 100% behind the team and we absolutely want them (hope they read CL?) to believe that.

Anyone hearing what Hendo had to say knows he cares, very much, we also know that JJ and the other players care too.

Keeping Charlton in the Championship is a tough ask, but if the players and fans have anything to do with it, we'll still be there next year.

Together we can do it, for the team, not the regime!

Comments

• Options
    Well said, young man.
  • Options
    No. Need to get Duchatalet out. The individuals are mostly worth the support but it is the regimes team. The regime and the team cannot be split. Whatever it takes for regime change.
  • Options

And another example...

I watch Simon Makienok, and see a player whose confidence is lower than a snake's belly.

And when he wins a header, ironic cheers ring around the stadium, from a few thousand throats. Over, and over, and over again. That's REALLY going to help his confidence, isn't it?

How is THAT "supporting the team, not the regime"?

Because, I'm buggered if I can see how it is...

I agree with your sentiment . However, Makienok has put in a series of utterly feckless performances. Other than half an hour against Hull and a decent game against Shef Wed, I don't think he's put much in .
  • Options
    It's all well and good saying support the team but at the moment the fans are watching a team that just lays down and surrenders. The one thing that galls and frustrates fans the most is that. Hopefully now Fraeye has gone the players can pick themselves up and put in the expected amount of effort, fight and playing for the shirt(the fans and eachother).

Without a prompt and visible change in that direction the players will continue to be abused.
  • Options
    Supporting the team IS supporting the regime, whether you like it or not.

Incidentally I feel for the likes of Henderson and Jackson, but not the majority of the rest of these wasters.
  • Options
    It's a two way process, we support the team and the individuals in it give all they can on the pitch. Most of this lot couldn't give a shit about the fans or the club.
  • Options

And another example...

I watch Simon Makienok, and see a player whose confidence is lower than a snake's belly.

And when he wins a header, ironic cheers ring around the stadium, from a few thousand throats. Over, and over, and over again. That's REALLY going to help his confidence, isn't it?

How is THAT "supporting the team, not the regime"?

Because, I'm buggered if I can see how it is...

I agree with your sentiment @East_Stand_Loopy, there are supporters out there who are giving poor support to the team. I guess the quickest way for this to turn around is with better (individual and team) performances and results. We can try to help the atmosphere change though by being positive and (politely) arguing with those that are shouting negatively. Although if you don't want to try it's up to you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What sort of cockhead goes to a football match to abuse their own players in the hope that it will lift their performances - it's almost like they want us relegated.
    Most players do try however limited their ability is - abusing them only makes them worse.
  • Options
    I think it is really a case of keeping the protest outside the stium and keeping all positive support inside. Booing and sarcasm and negative chants towards individual players really does do my head in and those people should sit in the away end.
  • Options

What sort of cockhead goes to a football match to abuse their own players in the hope that it will lift their performances - it's almost like they want us relegated.
    Most players do try however limited their ability is - abusing them only makes them worse.

not always. ive had a go at certain players and they have responded by scoring. the bastards make me look like a right mug.
  • Options
    To say Makienok doesn't put the effort in is ridiculous.

He is not remotely a championship player, but everytime he plays he has my support.
  • Options

But it's all ballcocks...

At half time, during the Colchester game, the bloke behind me shouted to Nick Pope, as he was picking up his towel, "and you can f*** off too, Pope!"

This to a young man, who had practically single handedly, kept the score even remotely respectable with a couple of top class saves.

How do you think he felt coming out for the 2nd half?

So, don't give me all this shit about "support the team, not the regime".

The atmosphere is poisonous, and anyone who thinks that doesn't translate into poor performances is deluded.

So, to paraphrase, "Support the team, or don't bother turning up..."

I was sitting at the back of the stand and at half time some twat (who was in his 40's) and safely well back started shouting 'On the pitch, on the pitch' etc. Great, that would have been all we needed - massiv e club fine form the FA and would have achieved what? Luckily no one took any notice of him.