Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support the team, Not the Regime Day - Fulham (away) 20th Feb 2016

Ok, so I wouldn't usually bother with something like this (usually because I can't be bothered, or it'll be a massive flop) but I'm going to give it a go.

In light of recent events at The Valley and our great club, it has become clear that this shower in charge are dragging us slowly towards a depressive state of non existence.

Well I'm sure you're all with me in thinking we cannot let this happen and detract from the fact we are in a huge relegation battle and that the players need our support.

Now, like many, I have a season ticket and still want to attend home matches, but I refuse to line RD pockets anymore than that. I know it won't make a blind bit of difference to him as he's a billionaire anyway, but if revenue starts to drop significantly he will be forced to sit up and take notice.

I am calling on as many lifers and Charlton 'non lifers' as possible to make Fulham away on February 20th a "Support the Team, Not the Regime" day. Let's fill that end at Craven Cottage like we did a few years back in The FA Cup and make as much noise as possible to get behind the players and show them we are on their side whilst at the same time sticking two fingers up at those in charge at The Valley.

Fulham are struggling a little too so this could be a really big game for both teams and I'm sure that a packed, noisy end at Craven Cottage will give us the edge and we can roar the lads onto victory.

I know we will only get half of the stand, but like last season we'll be able to get tickets in the neutral zone, so come on Lifers get your tickets for this London derby and lets get behind the team and show them that we are all in this together!

COYR!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Brentford and QPR away are also good opportunities to get our message accross
  • Options
    Good initiative
  • Options
    Great idea, I'm in !
  • Options
    me and about 10 of my pals will be there, but as others mentioned we would of been going anyway, the matches against fulham,qpr and brentford id be shocked if we didnt sell out.
  • Options
    Brendan - we may need a bit of a Riga-bounce for this to work as the football's so dire at the moment it will be impossible to get anywhere near enough to change their mind. At the moment I wouldn't be going (rarely missed a London derby in 36 years). However, I would make the effort as I think it's the right thing to do.
  • Options

After Burnley I'm out no more away games for me.

Imagine how you would feel had you gone to Hudders lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

I won't be able to wear my black n white scarf in the away end!?

You can in the neutral part of the away end! :wink:
  • Options

Weak
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Brentford and QPR away are also good opportunities to get pissed

• Options
    Have CARD given the OK for this ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Have CARD given the OK for this ?

You can still join us!
  • Options
    Good idea. Would be great if neither KM or RM show up so we don't have to get distracted by hurling abuse in their direction.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but don't you guys understand that Roland has brought in 3 players this month in Williams, Johnson & Poyet all of which have not played any football other than Johnson but in India and why do you think Charlton got trounced 5 nil at Huddersfield Town, cos no match practice. It's like their 2nd pre season fixture. Roland only gets these players in cos they're cheap and you lot are buying into this circus parade. Roland is clueless.
  • Options
    Erm, I think you have misunderstood the situation. It is summed up by the phrase "Support the team, not the regime"
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I'm sorry but don't you guys understand that Roland has brought in 3 players this month in Williams, Johnson & Poyet all of which have not played any football other than Johnson but in India and why do you think Charlton got trounced 5 nil at Huddersfield Town, cos no match practice. It's like their 2nd pre season fixture. Roland only gets these players in cos they're cheap and you lot are buying into this circus parade. Roland is clueless.

Erm did you read any of the first post? No-one in this thread supports Roland (perhaps @PL54 aside, he sits on the fence a lot).

We support the team, not the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done for voicing this initiative, Brendan. Good to see different Lifers coming to the fore.

Lots of good stuff going on behind the scenes of CL - a true indication of the strength in unity against our oppressors.

STT, NTR !!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Erm, I think you have misunderstood the situation. It is summed up by the phrase "Support the team, not the regime"

I will support the team 100% (OK, would have been sorely tested on Tuesday). That does not extend to anything or anyone connected with RD, KM or RM. And that includes Jose Riga. I am really amazed how some have seen his return as if a former great is back and the corner has been turned. History often shows that things tend to go wrong when you go back to something a second time.
  • Options
    Sorry mate unable to make the 600 mile round trip for this match but i agree its a good idea.One the otherhand i will give it my all at Rotherham thats only 900 miles round trip.
  • Options

Erm did you read any of the first post? No-one in this thread supports Roland (perhaps @PL54 aside, he sits on the fence a lot).

Actually, I think you'll find PL54 prefers to sit under a bridge.
    I happen to know PL is a good chap. Loveable rogue, but good chap
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Actually, I think you'll find PL54 prefers to sit under a bridge.
    I happen to know PL is a good chap. Loveable rogue, but good chap
    Maybe you could use your bromance to encourage him to reform his character.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Weak
    I am hoping this was tongue in cheek , if not I will go fuckin ballistic

• Options

cabbles said:

Weak
    I am hoping this was tongue in cheek , if not I will go fuckin ballistic

:wink: of course it was mate.