Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Squad and Riga

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    We so need a decent centre back, it is unreal. We can't go into the Blackburn game with a combo of Johnson, Sarr or Lennon. It is called suicide. We can't afford not to win the Balckburn game - action has to happen over the next couple of days to give Riga a chance of saving the season.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Can someone please tell the fragrant Ms Meire that when someone suggests "let's look abroad for some players" that does not exclude anyone who is not playing in Belgium. Same with managers. They don't have to have Belgian club on their CV.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Charlton are said to have bid £380,000 for Standard Leige defender Jorge Teixeira according to Belgium newspaper Le Soir.

Source ATN Charlton app

Would be surprised if they sell him. He has played in most of their games this season. Might be someone Riga rates from his last spell there, or could just be RD chatting up a mate hoping for a cheapie. £380k isn't that cheap however.
    To me, it didn't look like he's played this season
    According to the Liege official website he has played 18 out of 22 games this season.

Interestingly, his twitter page seems to have some good comments from the Liege fans. Here's one in particular I noticed (sorry, don't know how to embed them).

Our rock in defense... @Tex2Jorge #teamtex #teixeirock pic.twitter.com/HK3B3SoCqR

— Ingeborg (@borgske77) December 31, 2015
  • Options

We need quality at the back. The sort of quality you have to pay for. If it strengthens the defence, £380k could be seen as a bargain. But I don't know the player at all.

Probably a load of s***, they normally are.

ANOTHER player without experience over here.

I don't know why I continue to get upset with recruitment, it'll never change......until the board does.
  • Options

We so need a decent centre back, it is unreal. We can't go into the Blackburn game with a combo of Johnson, Sarr or Lennon. It is called suicide. We can't afford not to win the Balckburn game - action has to happen over the next couple of days to give Riga a chance of saving the season.

After our recent hammerings, I'd be OK with a draw against Blackburn.
    The next two games after that are the ones we desperately need to win - Rotherham (a) then Bristol City (h).
    Just imagine if we won those games...
    *sigh*
    OK, back to reality.
  • Options

Charlton are said to have bid £380,000 for Standard Leige defender Jorge Teixeira according to Belgium newspaper Le Soir.

Source ATN Charlton app

Would be surprised if they sell him. He has played in most of their games this season. Might be someone Riga rates from his last spell there, or could just be RD chatting up a mate hoping for a cheapie. £380k isn't that cheap however.
    To me, it didn't look like he's played this season
    According to the Liege official website he has played 18 out of 22 games this season.

Interestingly, his twitter page seems to have some good comments from the Liege fans. Here's one in particular I noticed (sorry, don't know how to embed them).

Our rock in defense... @Tex2Jorge #teamtex #teixeirock pic.twitter.com/HK3B3SoCqR

— Ingeborg (@borgske77) December 31, 2015

I have seen tweets saying he will be one SL fans would miss if he goes. Hopefully, someone Riga rated from his time at Liege. If Bauer is out long term we need someone. Lets hope it's him.
  • Options
    The next three games look like last chance saloon to me. IT would be crazy to go into them without some strengthening. So it has to be done now.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    SL had it's worst start of the season in 5 decades. To sort it out they bought a lot of new players. Lots of them don't get to play that often anymore now, since they're back winning games on a regular basis. Some of you wanted Anthony Knockaert ? Well, you're getting Teixeira. Let's see what happens ... (To put it in perspective: I'm not a fan of his club or the man, but Lepoint had an astounding match with a goal last weekend ... I hope you get my "point" ;) )
  • Options
    Anything to say about Teixeira specifically? If we are getting him, would be nice to get a perspective of someone who follows the division. Or are you saying he is the defensive equivalent to Lepoint?
  • Options
    You got him, just wait and see how he performs with Charlton. Riga probably wanted him ...