Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

Comments

• Options
    PeterGage said:

Reza came on as sub on Saturday and was flattened by the B'burn goalie

To which the ref gave the foul against Rezza, not sure how he was supposed to get out of the way.
    The ref did not give a foul against Rezza. No foul given, ref stopped the game immediately the seriousness of the incident was recognised and then restarted the game by asking the opposing goalie to give it back to Charlton. The goalie kicked the ball out of play.
    So why didn't the ref give us the throw, as the keeper put the ball out?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

The club clearly have a master plan...massive match Saturday, a must win.

Reza suspended.
    Sell Watt
    Loan out Pigott.
    Loan out Grant.

Brought in three defenders and a midfielder.

Smashed this relegation battle...piece of pi55

is he?

Unless he's got five yellow cards he shouldnt be</blockquote

Wont matter if he was available, unless you enjoy a headless chicken running round and round and then falling over ? Why cant they send him out on loan ? because no one in their right mind would take him.

• Options

PeterGage said:

To which the ref gave the foul against Rezza, not sure how he was supposed to get out of the way.
    The ref did not give a foul against Rezza. No foul given, ref stopped the game immediately the seriousness of the incident was recognised and then restarted the game by asking the opposing goalie to give it back to Charlton. The goalie kicked the ball out of play.
    So why didn't the ref give us the throw, as the keeper put the ball out?
    I thought he gave a foul against Reza, poor decision but that's what it appeared to be otherwise he should have started with a drop ball.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

That's not true. The keeper headed the ball out of play so it should have been our throw. He awarded a free kick to them which was a ridiculous decision.
    Agreed the goalkeeper headed the ball, which went out of play. However the ball went out of play after the ref immediately blew the whistle, having recognised the seriousness of the clash.
  • Options
    Not our best player to have been involved in a World Cup.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

That's not true. The keeper headed the ball out of play so it should have been our throw. He awarded a free kick to them which was a ridiculous decision.
    Agreed the goalkeeper headed the ball, which went out of play. However the ball went out of play after the ref immediately blew the whistle, having recognised the seriousness of the clash.
    But play was restarted with a free kick to Blackburn. He must have given the foul otherwise it would have been a drop ball.
  • Options

Wonder how he will get along with Rhodes? Hopefully he will disrupt them if he is anywhere near as bad as we keep hearing.

He was having a long chat with Rhodes after the final whistle on Saturday

Probably about property prices in Lancashire

"Only that much for a 4 bedroom detached house?"
  • Options
    If true that Rhodes is being sold for 12 million then why are we loaning watt and not selling him not that we should be getting rid at all. Strengthening our relegation rivals. Shocking decision by the board again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

He didn't realise the seriousness until the ball was out of play.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Now we know why they played him against Blackburn.

?

I don't think Blackburn had accepted an offer from boro at the time for Rhodes so doubt we were trying to flog him to Blackburn by playing him against them.

Anyone interested in Watt could just look at what he did whilst at Cardiff
    What did he do at Cardiff? Only scored twice in 9 appearances.
    Forgot our strikers are having a goal fest
    Wasn't suggesting I don't want want him to stay, but if he impressed at Cardiff it wasn't due to his goals.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

It seems he doesn't really want to be at Charlton and the club don't want him, even if much of what is claimed as fact is speculation and rumour. He had no choice but to come back from Cardiff and was played at the weekend because we needed him and also as it helped put him in the shop window. Riga's "if he is committed" was a clear message that Watt's head is not in the right place. I will lob grenades at most things the club do, but in this instance I kind of see why things are panning out as they are, frustrating as it is to see a good player go at this time.

He is one of our better players but his face doesn't fit, either in the dressing-room or at management level, so he'll be off. There have been countless players who have more ability than others but whose careers have stalled or fizzled out because they struggle to either control themselves or just can't get on with people. In his short career to date, Watt gives signs he may be one of these.

This

• Options

If true that Rhodes is being sold for 12 million then why are we loaning watt and not selling him not that we should be getting rid at all. Strengthening our relegation rivals. Shocking decision by the board again.

Blackburn can't buy anyone due to a transfer embargo?
  • Options

That was then but this is now! Their embargo was lifted at Xmas....

• Options
    Firstly I'm a massive TWWW fan but it's not factually correct to say we have nobody else like him. We have Ade Lookman (when fit) and if it really is a matter of budgets, and you have to choose between them..... Which one would you want to keep?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Firstly I'm a massive TWWW fan but it's not factually correct to say we have nobody else like him. We have Ade Lookman (when fit) and if it really is a matter of budgets, and you have to choose between them..... Which one would you want to keep?

If they were both fit...or if we didn't have a choice, like in the current circumstances??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

That was then but this is now! Their embargo was lifted at Xmas....

Sorry, hadn't realised that. Of course, it's not a certainty that Rhodes will leave Blackburn, you'd have thought he'd have moved on last summer, but he didn't
  • Options
    I'm ready for a game boycott - never thought I would say that.
  • Options
    Watt going is understandable sort off. Watt going and not being replaced by anyone of flair is the type of madness that leads to relegation.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It is disrespectful - first game back and fans were singing Watt's name - sod the fans....sorry customers. I own the club and I can send them down and sod all you losers can do about it. That is this bastard's attitude. We have to make him regret the crap he has dealt our club and us.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I'm ready for a game boycott - never thought I would say that.

Thee'll have to come up to Headingly lad and I'm batting first :wink:
    Perhaps we're signing Geoff Boycott's mum to replace Watt
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

This deserves more LOLs.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Lookman's on his first pro deal and started the season in the u18s, can't imagine he's earning much at all?
  • Options

The club clearly have a master plan...massive match Saturday, a must win.

Reza suspended.
    Sell Watt
    Loan out Pigott.
    Loan out Grant.

Brought in three defenders and a midfielder.

Smashed this relegation battle...piece of pi55

Blimey, no wonder they're laying on free coaches. Looks like they'll be picking a centre forward from out of the crowd.