Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbishleys forgettable night with Jennifer Aniston

The Guardian 2005: curbs speaks

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/feb/13/newsstory.sport6

Lttle Interesting insight into the long hours of football management.

Comforting read from our ex manager.

At least he's free to watch Eastenders.

Comments

• Options
    Shit, that hits home that we will NEVER have it that good again.
    No way will we ever get that level of commitment from a future manager.
  • Options
    There was a wise ,once young , supporter who said once he'd left that that was the end of us for the foreseeable future .
    #judge
  • Options

I disagree. We'll certainly not hit those heights under these perverts but will do again. Football is cyclical and as long as the Belgian's antics don't completely obliterate the club or its finances there's no reason why we won't get back to the top flight in the next 10 to 20 years.

If a Man city type investor bought us now we'd be back up there in the next 5. Stave off relegation and then establish yourself up there again.

Palace doing it now and Fulham were playing European football a couple of years back. We'll be back. I just might not have my own teeth by then.
  • Options

I disagree. We'll certainly not hit those heights under these perverts but will do again. Football is cyclical and as long as the Belgian's antics don't completely obliterate the club or its finances there's no reason why we won't get back to the top flight in the next 10 to 20 years.

If a Man city type investor bought us now we'd be back up there in the next 5. Stave off relegation and then establish yourself up there again.

Palace doing it now and Fulham were playing European football a couple of years back. We'll be back. I just might not have my own teeth by then.
    Football changed, you won't get another manager who knows the clubs history and gives that level of commitment.
  • Options
    Almost 11 years ago. I do remember I read it at the time. Curbs wrote a column for The Guardian/The Observer for about a month or two if I remember correctly. It's good to know that The Guardian's website still has those old articles online - not like our OS where all the old stuff has been ditched.
  • Options
    A Charlton legend , i would love him back one day after these clowns have left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love the way even Curbs comments on how it wasn't worth watching MOTD as we'd only get 30 seconds at the end!
  • Options
    Alan could you recommend a good film? Preferably with Jennifer Anniston in it?....is a sentence or question our curbs may hate.

It's an interesting past read and in a way quite sad how football can make you miss out on the lives of the closest people to you. Really does highlight the workaholic addiction level being a top flight manager.

He made this point quite a lot you can tell it's quite draining and affects him. It's in the back of his mind but too hard to stop.

Is football in general sometimes just a bit of a c*nt?

I don't know why but the way curbs speaks and writes reminds me of karl pilkington.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Oh God, now I feel even more depressed than ever!
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Oh God, now I feel even more depressed than ever!
    To use the popular ex-girlfriend analogy, it's like finding her diary that was written whilst you were both at the peak of your relationship and reading it just to see how much she did for you without you really realising.

Your current girlfriend though? You still have a sneaky suspicion she's bloke.
  • Options
    I thought we paid £1m for Talal El Kakouri?