Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

At the heart of the mess we are in

The stats don't lie. This is what Jose Riga has to turn round, and he doesn't have much time to do it.

Comments

• Options
    Well the stats obviously do lie a bit, otherwise Reading should be top (or am I being thick).
  • Options

Well the stats obviously do lie a bit, otherwise Reading should be top (or am I being thick).

Presumably an attack can be be busy but crap at actually finishing?

It would be interesting to see similar stats for the midfield where I'd expect ours to be off the chart on lack of successful tackles, creativity, stamina, miles covered per match, goals scored, successful passes and assists.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited January 2016

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Love that site.
    That graph is purely shots taken/faced. Nothing to do with how many of those shots actually become goals.

Although, those are not great reading either.....
    It takes us roughly 14 shots to score 1 goal, yet we have less that 11 shots per match.
    Meanwhile we concede a goal every 9 shots and face 17 per match.

http://experimental361.com/2016/01/17/scatter-graphics-championship-16-jan-2016/
  • Options
    Excellent visual analysis - one image says it all.

The strange thing is I genuinely thought we could beat anyone in August. Where did it all go?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

The strange thing is I genuinely thought we could beat anyone in August. Where did it all go?

The first 11 could have/can beat any Championship team.

It's just that we didn't have a squad & the first 11 lasted for about 1 game.

We all knew, that we could only have a decent season, if no one got injured or suspended.

The chances of that happening are 2%.

I mean, our centre halves were Sarr & Bauer, with Diarra as back up.

Derby have 6 good centre halves - Shackell, Keogh, Pearce, Shotton, Buxton, Baird.

RD expects to shop in Iceland, yet provide an entertaining banquet, fit for royalty.
  • Options
    Roland has scouts and tacticians?

• Options
    edited January 2016

The first 11 could have/can beat any Championship team.

It's just that we didn't have a squad & the first 11 lasted for about 1 game.

We all knew, that we could only have a decent season, if no one got injured or suspended.

The chances of that happening are 2%.

I mean, our centre halves were Sarr & Bauer, with Diarra as back up.

Derby have 6 good centre halves - Shackell, Keogh, Pearce, Shotton, Buxton, Baird.

RD expects to shop in Iceland, yet provide an entertaining banquet, fit for royalty.
    And Fanny is definitely not happy with what is being served up :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

I'm practising my regal wave for Katrien on Saturday as we speak.

I'm sure you know the one....

Gloved and all digits or just a couple? :wink:
  • Options
    The graph shows our problem perfectly. Many teams come to the Valley with a natural cagey approach, then they work out after 30 mins or so, that we pose absolutely no threat to them, so they get more adventurous, and we can't keep a team that attacks us out, whether the attacks are good or not, because we are so crap defensively. All games follow this pattern and we have to hope teams play like Forest in that they take the lead, then go cagey again. Terrible tactics but gives us a chance. Away from home we have no hope!
  • Options
    I'm too much of a lady to say on here, RC.

:wink:
  • Options
    We are a joke.

Suppose we are partially clinical with our shots due to the fact that every time we actually manage a shot the op keepers mind is on another planet.
  • Options
    I may have a slightly skewed view on this, but this is how I imagine how the recruitment process works at our club.

Used footballer salesman to RD’s highly qualified rep.

‘Ello guv, looking for something to shore it all up at the back and keep everything neat ‘n’ tidy?

I’ve got just the thing for ya. Good engine, nice little runner, few miles on the clock - but built to last- and got a good few years left in ‘im yet. Look I know he ain’t played in England for a while, but believe me that Indian Premier League is one of the hottest in the World. Between you and me guv it’s one of World’s best kept secrets, but keep it under ya hat, I might be able to get ya one or two more from where he came from.

Now then boss I can see you’re a real smart cookie so I aint gonna play games with ya. Look I’ll tell you what I’ll do. I know cash is tight so let’s just say you sign ‘im up for … I dunno 18 months and I’ll look the other way as you sign, cos it hurts too much watching ya rob me blind.

… Another satisfied customer … and you’ll be back for more - you know it makes sense.
  • Options

Roland has scouts and tacticians?

Yeah its called Football Manager 2008 (He hasn't realised that there are newer versions out)
  • Options
    Good graphic. It's interesting that we face more shots per match than anyone else by far. Is it because our midfield is so poor that opponents are allowed to get into more positions where a shot is possible? Or is it because opposition managers tell their players that "This lot are so piss poor shoot from wherever you feel like, I shan't criticise and half of them are bound to go in..."?
  • Options
    If I was an opposing manager, that would be my approach. Put it in there enough times and we will score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the belgian barnpot is supposed to be using stats in decision making what fucking stats is he looking at?
    The thing at the heart of the mess we're in is the heartless belgian bastard rapidly ruining Charlton Athletic Football Club.
  • Options
    More from the same site, this time on players used this season.

http://experimental361.com/2016/02/25/comparing-numbers-of-players-used-this-season/
  • Options
    I think this is where Rolly got the idea that you only need 25 players - the less you have the more successful you are. Simples.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

More from the same site, this time on players used this season.

http://experimental361.com/2016/02/25/comparing-numbers-of-players-used-this-season/

Thanks for the link. This is nothing new though. Richard Murray knew this when gritt and curbishley continually fought over team selection. Roland clearly fails to understand the need for a settled squad that know each other.
    When the hell did Murray think this suddenly became the way forward?
  • Options
    Yes 25 fit players would be good...