Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We Have Not Led Since...

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Vela equalized in the 42nd minute on December 15th.

By my calculations, that's 7.5 matches in all competitions. 726 minutes. Just over 12 hours(!!!!) of football.

I am someone who is still naive enough to believe that we can still stay up. I think some basic tactics and proper training will make this squad much better. And that being said (knock on wood), I'm not sure we can get much lower.

Comments

• Options
    Well when was the last time we came from behind to win?
  • Options
    Bolton
  • Options

Well when was the last time we came from behind to win?

It's better to come from behind to win, it feels better.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We haven't come from behind to win this season. Closest we've done is coming from 2-0 down to draw at home with Fulham (felt like a win to be honest).

The last time we came from behind to win was home to Leeds, April 18th, 9 months to the day.

The team that day:
    Henderson; Solly, Fox, Gomez, Ben Haim; Eagles (Gudmundsson 46), Buyens, Diarra, Bulot; Vetokele (Church 90+1), Watt*

RoJo was on the bench. So 8 of 18 players remain from that squad.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    You've also got Nottingham Forest the other week, we should have won that one

Bulot has been one of the biggest loses this season I believe... Reckon he'd have done well with Makienok up front as he was forever sending lovely crosses into the box yet no one was there to score them
  • Options
    Look on the positive side, we've won 4 times from drawing positions.
  • Options
    We cant get much lower this season but we can get lower.

You think basic tactics and 'proper training' will help us stay up? that says it all then! If a team in the English Championship have gone over half a season without knowing or understanding basic tactics or having had 'proper training' we are well and truly doomed
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Look on the positive side, we've won 4 times from drawing positions.

With one of those matches happening when we've been pegged back (i.e. the Hull equaliser) as our other wins being 2-0 / 3-1 (We were 3-0 up when Wednesday scored) and 1-0.

When we got that winner against Hull it does feel as though we made a pact with the devil i.e.;
    - Gudmundsson can score this 98th minute winner against Hull, yet you will pay the price of fortune and have a terrible season; or
    - Take the draw and have a mediocre season
  • Options
    braydex said:

You think basic tactics and 'proper training' will help us stay up? that says it all then! If a team in the English Championship have gone over half a season without knowing or understanding basic tactics or having had 'proper training' we are well and truly doomed

I think under Luzon we had training and tactics--they (particularly tactics) were not up to scratch. I'm more referring to the KF regime, but your point is taken.

Also, as I've pointed out in other threads, these are the times to go back to basics on the training ground. But yes, simple organization will be a huge step up from KF.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

braydex said:

I think under Luzon we had training and tactics--they (particularly tactics) were not up to scratch. I'm more referring to the KF regime, but your point is taken.

Also, as I've pointed out in other threads, these are the times to go back to basics on the training ground. But yes, simple organization will be a huge step up from KF.
    Bungle and Zippy would be a step up from KF, lets be honest!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

We haven't come from behind to win this season. Closest we've done is coming from 2-0 down to draw at home with Fulham (felt like a win to be honest).

The last time we came from behind to win was home to Leeds, April 18th, 9 months to the day.

The team that day:
    Henderson; Solly, Fox, Gomez, Ben Haim; Eagles (Gudmundsson 46), Buyens, Diarra, Bulot; Vetokele (Church 90+1), Watt*

RoJo was on the bench. So 8 of 18 players remain from that squad.

That was only 9 months ago, yet look how unbelievably good that team looks compared to what we have now!!
  • Options
    Not sure they have all their coaching badges?
    braydex said:

SDAddick said:

braydex said:

Bungle and Zippy would be a step up from KF, lets be honest!
    Not sure they have all their coaching badges?
  • Options
    If KM is sacked, Lookman goes nowhere, TWWW plays and we get just ONE classy defender, i'll change my mind about RD and admit he's better than Leed's Cellino.
  • Options
    We've been unbeaten for at least 5 years in games where we've taken the lead and not conceded.