Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What does Riga need to do?

So, Riga is in charge, he now needs to concentrate just on the football and try to block out all of the regime business.

What are his priorities to turn the team around?
How does he re-install the confidence of the team.?
Who needs replacing, and how?

Answers on a postcard please !!

Comments

• Options
    It's in the mail!
  • Options
    Sign Wilson and Dervite from Bolton, sign Adjarevic, sign Sordell
  • Options
    Pete I am confident that Riga is an intelligent guy who will know what to do. His and our problem is that 1) Meire is a useless puppet, and 2) That Duchatalet is a stubborn, weird meglomaniac who has his own agenda, and would probably kill himself rather that listen to anyone else ( I have included that to give myself hope ).
    Riga's one priority for me is to quickly establish a squad, I don't care where from, who want to play for the shirt, and will demonstrate their absolute loyalty and determination. GO CARD
  • Options
    Get the team competing again, do that and he will slowly win over the fans. Carry on getting smashed without even trying then he has no chance.

Put more pressure on the owners, come out publicly again saying he needs funds to strengthen or we will go down. If he gets sacked then why should he care his getting 18 months worth of contract money for doing sod all.
  • Options
    Tell the team "Rolland said you are only getting paid if you win!"
  • Options
    Beg RD to open his wallet to pay the going rate for a few quality experienced players.

Riga can get the players as motivated as he likes but I am just not convinced the current squad has the fighting spirit and backbone of a CP built team that kept us up last time Riga was here.

Our survival is dependant on Roland facing the reality of the damage his philosophy has done to our team and him then trying to fix that without doing all his player shopping at Poundland.
  • Options
    make a credible plan for league one.
  • Options
    Build confidence and get some team bonding. Start at the back. If we have to go 4-5-1 for a couple of games, so be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sign another shite centre half it seems.
  • Options
    Get out while he can?
  • Options
    He could make a pact with the devil. The only drawback is that, for the sake of 18 months at Charlton, he'd have to commit his soul to managing at the Toolbox for all eternity.
  • Options
    Tell Roger Johnson the 18 month contract he thought he had signed was actually 1.8 months.
  • Options
    GET DOWN ON HIS KNEES AND PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!...............like the rest of us!
  • Options
    Haha I just came into this thread to say 'Pray'. Beaten to it (bit like official Saudi policy for unbelievers)
  • Options
    play with two goalkeepers in goal
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Resign before he's sacked.

Or for Saturday, steady the ship and ensure we only lose 4-0.
  • Options
    as Jose mourinho said park the bus but in our case park two
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's simple. Get the players smiling and the results will come.
  • Options

So, Riga is in charge, he now needs to concentrate just on the football and try to block out all of the regime business.

What are his priorities to turn the team around?
    How does he re-install the confidence of the team.?
    Who needs replacing, and how?

Answers on a postcard please !!

1. Win
    2. Win
    3. Win?
  • Options
    Find the hiding Katrien. Storm into her office, and say "what the f*** did you do to my Charlton?!"

;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Make us boring and tough to break down for a couple of games. Back to basics, stop the flood of goals, get Poyet playing the midfield sweeper role. Start getting ball, keeping ball and growing confidence. Use Makienok as an out, and get either Watt or Vetokele playing off him.

Confidence desperately needs to be built. Only positive is it can't be started at any more of a low, so things have worked out well for him personally in that sense.

Exactly. We have to become hard to beat again, and Riga needs to quickly decide whether the existing players are capable of that, with proper coaching.

Talking of which, he also needs to decide who his backroom staff will be, Wim and Jason or somebody else?
  • Options
    Someone else surely especially Vim.

And he needs to not try and get a loan deal for the guy who has just made his first start in the first team at Watford. Ok, he is Belgian but that isn't enough.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Find a way to carry a threat - that has to be changing the dynamic of our attack and bring Watt into play. Then, finding more legs for the midfield. That may be bring BA in and playing Poyet, Ba and Cousins as part of a three. I know, but you have to compromise sometimes and hope something happens. Not sure what he can do defensively though. I think he has to go with Holmes Dennis at left back (and hope he plays well), but centre back options just don't cut it. That is partly why we need legs and three in midfield. I'd have a front three of JBG, Watt and Big Mak.
  • Options

It's simple. Get the players smiling and the results will come.

I did have a chuckle on Sunday Morning watching Match of the Day... Benik Afobe was being interviewed after scoring his first Bournemouth goal and was saying that he was just playing Football well at the moment and to do that he had to ensure he had a smile on his face.

Straight away thought... Fraeye even got to opposition players
  • Options
    Resign and come back to Blackpool (Not that Oyston would have him but the fans would)
  • Options

Resign and come back to Blackpool (Not that Oyston would have him but the fans would)

Interesting that despite his terrible record at Blackpool there are fans that would welcome him back.
  • Options
    Bring back management to the team.