Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old shirts day

2»

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Up for that......got around 15 shirts, somewhere.

Will dig them out when I get back,
    Who needs one ?

They are in a red holdall in my attic
    Got another load somewhere.......

Don't get old, your memory..........

What was the question?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Missed It said:

Nice one, do it when its warmer though. Won't see them when we're all bundled up under coats and scarves.

I'm a soft southern Jesse, not a Newcastle fan!

Those crazy Geordies are something else... when I'm huddled around my Bovril unable to feel my cold icy fingers, they are half naked in the Jimmy Seed
  • Options

I've got that green and purple striped shirt somewhere. The one that made you look like a Wimbledon ball boy.

I've got that one too.
  • Options

I've got that green and purple striped shirt somewhere. The one that made you look like a Wimbledon ball boy.

I've got that one too.
    C'mon Hants, you can't possibly look like a ball boy :wink:
  • Options
    Last seasons home shirt, take that RD!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I've got that one too.
    C'mon Hants, you can't possibly look like a ball boy :wink:
    Would like to say Ball Girl but ..... even twenty odd years ago would be pushing it.
  • Options

got my mesh 98/99 third choice purple and green one somewhere

Your memory or mine is going.

All the green and purple Wimbledon shirts were Viglens (various permutations including the White with the single vertical green and purple stripe, which was almost a nice shirt), the Mesh was only red and white, or ecru and black, with 'Addicks' on the back at the bottom.

As a clue that I didn't really have a clue about anything back then, mine had 4 REDFEARN, and 39 PRINGLE on the back.
  • Options
    The green and purple is definitely a Viglen, I have three, that one, the red one and the white with purple and green stripes. All were kit sponsorships in the 90s. I loved the Viglen ones, even had the silver goalie one but seemed to have lost that now. Much better quality shirts than the recent ones.
  • Options
    JVL said:

All the green and purple Wimbledon shirts were Viglens (various permutations including the White with the single vertical green and purple stripe, which was almost a nice shirt), the Mesh was only red and white, or ecru and black, with 'Addicks' on the back at the bottom.

As a clue that I didn't really have a clue about anything back then, mine had 4 REDFEARN, and 39 PRINGLE on the back.
    Wasn't there a yellow mesh away shirt?
  • Options
    could wear my away shirt that was the same as Inter as it has a black stripe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have the Viglen rainbow shirt... also the blue away Woolwich shirt (think it might have shrunk in the wash though!!)
  • Options
    iainment said:

JVL said:

That was allsports i believe
  • Options
    There was a black MESH away / third kit I'm sure..........or was that allsports too? Same time we had Euell.
  • Options
    We only had the red home and ecru away mesh kits (first season in prem and championship champions season) i think we had a black redbus kit after that then again a few years later as allsports
  • Options
    https://classic11.com/collections/charlton-athletic-football-shirts

didnt know where else to stick this not bad 29.99 for a 96 shirt
  • Options
    iainment said:

JVL said:

Yes its a Le Coq Sportif Golden Yellow with a dark Blue Mesh logo in felt.
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited May 2017

There was a black MESH away / third kit I'm sure..........or was that allsports too? Same time we had Euell.

Just the three Mesh...Red, Ecru and Golden Yellow but the black one you mention is as below....

Four versions of this shirt....Plain no sponsor, Redbus, AllSports and Virgin....no Mesh Version. All by Le Coq Sportif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    TEL said:

Four versions of this shirt....Plain no sponsor, Redbus, AllSports and Virgin....no Mesh Version. All by Le Coq Sportif
    The top with Virgin across it I believe belonged to the ladies squad. I picked up one of these in the club shop many years ago.
  • Options

TEL said:

The top with Virgin across it I believe belonged to the ladies squad. I picked up one of these in the club shop many years ago.
    Yeah I agree but mine is a men's. It was worn by the reserves. I do have an unusual ladies top though, the white away Le Coq Sportif with Virgin logo and Pinnacle Girls School of football logo.
  • Options
    Great quality shirts those Le Coq Sportif's from the turn of the century.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The one shirt that eludes me is the Blue, Back to the Valley shirt. Pretty much have everything from 1989 (and a couple of earlier shirts) through to the Douchebag era when I stopped buying.
  • Options
    TEL said:

The one shirt that eludes me is the Blue, Back to the Valley shirt. Pretty much have everything from 1989 (and a couple of earlier shirts) through to the Douchebag era when I stopped buying.

We have one in the Museum @TEL
  • Options

TEL said:

I must get along to see the museum Ben when I come back in August. Is it just Charlton memorabilia? Ive been given a lot of old Programs from a a lady in NZ whos Hubby passed away. Lots old stuff, 50's and 60's including Internationals. Is there any program in particular youre after for preservation as I can have a look through what she gave me.
  • Options
    TEL said:

TEL said:

I must get along to see the museum Ben when I come back in August. Is it just Charlton memorabilia? Ive been given a lot of old Programs from a a lady in NZ whos Hubby passed away. Lots old stuff, 50's and 60's including Internationals. Is there any program in particular youre after for preservation as I can have a look through what she gave me.
    I'll take Exeter 1921 if you have one.
  • Options
    TEL said:

TEL said:

We only keep Charlton related items. We sell the other stuff to raise funds.

@killerjerrylee is the programme man but we pretty much have all home league games back to 1950. It's aways, reserves, minor cups we lack.

We'll be open before games in August so see you then
  • Options
    For a good reason though 
  • Options
    ^ looks like they are raising money for a little girls operation or something so good luck to them but certainly expensive.