Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

#CARD - 5pm PROTEST This Saturday

Comments

• As with anywhere else, we would advise people to follow any instructions from the police. We have to assume and respect that they will only act on grounds of public safety and to ensure the law is upheld, rather than according to the whims of club officials.

Sound.

But remember March 31st 1990 ;0)
  • It would be a surprise to me if when me and my 5 year old leave the west stand we are encouraged to move on by the police or even worse locked into the car park.

I'm pretty sure we are in melt down territory there.
  • if you are near the directors box on Saturday beware of,this guy as he threatened to eject me when I stood up to remonstrate with KM. He was politely forceful, I think he is her and RM's minder

Who are the ladies at the back?

The middle one is Keith Peacock's daughter.

• Have the club announced it as a family day yet? That's their usual trick isn't it?
  • edited January 2016
    A few people protesting by the players and officials entrance might be a good idea, considering that all the corporate brigade came out from that door after the Forest game, due to them being unable to get out the main reception area.

• Have the club announced it as a family day yet? That's their usual trick isn't it?

It's the Mizen / Knox stop street violence day.

Is that so?
    I didn't know that. Presumably this has been in place for a while?
  • shirty5 said:

A few people protesting by the players and officials entrance might be a good idea, considering that all the corporate brigade came out from that door after the Forest game, due to them being unable to get out the main reception area.

A few ? I think we need a few hundred there in that case. Disrupt the day, but not in a violent way.
  • Sponsored links:

Oh dear. Just seen this:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-family-activity-zone-blackburn-2914229.aspx

I hate to say they're predictable...

Oh dear. Just seen this:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-family-activity-zone-blackburn-2914229.aspx

to be fair I don't really see this as a problem. the other times it's been on it's been inside anyway.

Oh dear. Just seen this:

to be fair I don't really see this as a problem. the other times it's been on it's been inside anyway.
    No, I understand and even agree that a family day in itself is an ok thing in principle.
    It just seems, ahem, "weird" that they always seem to designate a match as a family activity day when there's already a well publicised protest planned.

Is that so?
    A friend who is connected to the Mizen family posted it on Facebook, but I can't find anything about it on the OS...

Is that so?
    A friend who is connected to the Mizen family posted it on Facebook, but I can't find anything about it on the OS...

This was posted on the OS on Wednesday. Drop off the front page pretty quickly due to all the new news item added in the past two days.

• The Club will allow the protest to go ahead in the West Stand car park. There really isn't a lot they can do to stop it unless it gets too unruly or protestors try to get through the stewards to enter the West Stand reception and further.

Oh dear. Just seen this:

Sums these spineless cowards up, gonna have a few thousand unhappy fans protesting, I know, lets invite a load of kids down and put them in the line of fire, while we slip out a side door avoiding them.

Any decent human being would have morals and not come up with ideas like that.
  • Addickted said:

The Club will allow the protest to go ahead in the West Stand car park. There really isn't a lot they can do to stop it unless it gets too unruly or protestors try to get through the stewards to enter the West Stand reception and further.

If that were to happen they couldn't do anything about it anyway. I reckon we are twelve months off that when we are in League One but there will be a thousand less because they will have given up on Charlton by then.
  • Sponsored links:

• As with anywhere else, we would advise people to follow any instructions from the police. We have to assume and respect that they will only act on grounds of public safety and to ensure the law is upheld, rather than according to the whims of club officials.

Sound.

But remember March 31st 1990 ;0)
    Off the top of my head CASC meeting at The Valley Club...Standing room only on a table at the time pint in hand.....Good old days.
  • After the game cover Bartrams, main reception, players entrance and crossbars! Have I missed any other entrances they can shoot off from??
  • edited January 2016
  • After the game cover Bartrams, main reception, players entrance and crossbars! Have I missed any other entrances they can shoot off from??

They could walk round the pitch and leave through any of the other stands

• Is there a protest/demo before today's game ?
  • Addickted said:

Great News - Comms are up and going and have all been tested today. Camera on drone now sending back HD quality colour pictures.

Christ I hope we have enough FANS there for all those exits??

Spotters allocated for all exits and Charlton Station.

fat steward having 2 very large breakfasts in valley cafe